Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default New presure sensitivity

I had a thought...

I'm not a professional graphic artist. I am also not one that uses a graphics tablet, so these new abilities don't do much for me. (And don't get me wrong. I'm glad that the improvements have been made for those that use them. They seem to be the largest improvements in the illustration area in a long time.) However, if I were those things above, I would think that a few more examples of what this tool can do might impress me greatly (at least enough to try the program). Perhaps a few short videos expanding on what Xhris has already done. Perhaps something showing the ability to do calligraphy(?), cartooning and anything else really cool with the new abilities. And if more illustrators try the program, perhaps a percentage might purchase the program. And if illustration tools become a larger selling point, it might encourage further development down that path, causing more to illustrators to buy it, etc.

...but then, it's just a thought.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: New presure sensitivity

It will be great if we have a video. I do not use a tablet.

A cartooning video should be enought, some users here have tablets.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

its a good point - maybe a member here who does both tablet work and tutorials will pick it up

personally I am not clever at tutorials, but once I have a real feel for the breadth and scope of the brushes, as Iv'e been asking for these for 3 years or more I may give a go

but as always it's getting the time
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    ...I would think that a few more examples of what this tool can do might impress me greatly (at least enough to try the program). Perhaps a few short videos expanding on what Xhris has already done. Perhaps something showing the ability to do calligraphy(?), cartooning and anything else really cool with the new abilities...
    I'm not very experienced in real art, and my efforts are limited to education of basic working of the tools and features etc. unfortunately. The next step of applying features to do real-world art is something that Gary or Sofafire (or maybe others) are way more masterful in. Might be worth approaching them with this request.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Unfortunately Gary is not going to around much for a few days at least, and Sofafire is actually Bob Hahn (anyone who has spent any real time on TG would know that) and he has not been on here in quite a while. It would be nice to see Bob back again. I've never done a video but I may feel like trying in a few days time. In the mean time if you have a tablet play around and have some fun! I found that it works quite well with custom brushes and you can change the colour of your brush simply by taping your pen on the colourline!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Sorry Xhris. I didn't mean to imply that you should do the videos, only that it would be nice to have videos that expanded on the basic functionality that you already demonstrated.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

heh, I wouldn't mind learning how to do proper art from watching videos too. (I think I made the cup that Ikonkaru drew once), but painting is really doable now in V6, so I'd love to see some of that.

My point exactly. Heck, if I get really impressed, I might even go out an buy a tablet. (Then I would just need to learn how to draw...with a pen).

Eric
    My Club. My Album.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm thinking about doing a video showing how to use the new features to do calligraphy. Unfortunately you will have to be patient with me I need some more time to practice with my tablet. My calligraphy skills are a little rusty, and it is very different doing calligraphy on a tablet. I am used to using a pen and paper. Also this will be the first time I've ever done a video so there will be some practice needed there as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm just finishing a tutorial on cartooning with XDP6 and a Wacom Cintiq 12WX tablet. As soon as it's done I'll post on my YouTube channel and will include the link in a new post.