Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    alilister Guest

Default Applying pasteboard colour disables bitmap tiling of page

Hi

XDP6. I am finding that if I choose a colour for the pasteboard, I cannot then click a bitmap and have it tile the page's background. Is this correct?

However, if the process is reversed, it works. So if you tile a page's background with a bitmap first, you can then apply a colour to the page.

While on this subject, can I ask - is there any way, or any hack, to apply a bitmap fill to the pasteboard? Just wondering...

Ali
    IP

alilister Guest

Default Re: Applying pasteboard colour disables bitmap tiling of page

>>However, if the process is reversed, it works. So if you tile a page's background with a bitmap first, you can then apply a colour to the page.<<

I meant if you then apply a colour to the *pasteboard*, not page. Sorry for any confusion.

I am still sitting, hoping and dreaming that the Gods of Xara can find a way to let you drag a bitmap on to the pasteboard and background tile it AND drag a bitmap to the page and tile it, too.

I know. Greedy. But take pity. I have fallen in love with this new version, and am on the edge of running away from all my other graphics and web programs just to be with Designer Pro 6. I know love should be unconditional, but it can't hurt to ask.

Ali
    IP

Default Re: Applying pasteboard colour disables bitmap tiling of page

Try holding down Ctrl when you drop the bitmap onto the page.

Phil
    IP

alilister Guest

Smile Re: Applying pasteboard colour disables bitmap tiling of page

Phil, that is fantastic. That is so fantastic.

I am really sorry if I should have found this for myself.

What a great new feature.

Ali
    IP