Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    alilister Guest

Bug Live Effect Painting - menu cut off

Hi

In the Live Effects menu, in the Painting effect, the menu is cut off at the bottom.

Not a biggie, but unsightly.

Ali
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Live Effect Painting - menu cut off

dosn't do that on my good old fashioned original light interface XDP6 and windows XPhome SP3

so this may be bug - may be windows setting ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

alilister Guest

I doubt very much that this is Xara. All of my Coffee Cup programs have the side cut off, rendering them useless. But I doubt that's their fault either.

Something horrific seems to have happened when I rashly upgraded this particular Sony all-one-one to Windows 7, even though Sony said it could be done.

But there are a lot of Vaios about with this problem, so it is worth mentioning it just in case it is software not just firmware.

So far Windows 7/Vaio update seems to have killed about two thirds of my programs. Luckily, Designer 6 Pro has replaced almost all of them.

Ali

PS and no, I can't give it up, because it is so pretty. If I am forced to I will have to keep it as an ornament or something.
    IP

alilister Guest

I mean the PC.

Although the software is quite pretty, too, when I come to think about it.
    IP

It appears to me as though you may have adjusted Windows 7 screen scaling to be 120dpi rather than the default 96dpi.

This could certainly cause the issue shown in your posted example.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ger-or-smaller
    IP

alilister Guest

Hello there,

How's tricks?

Actually, it's set to 96dpi and no zooming. I had quite lengthy correspondence with Coffee Cup about it and they couldn't understand it or fix it, but an update from Nvidia brought back all but a quarter inch, so I can get to the menus now even if I can't see all of them.

I think my problems have been caused by the upgrade to Windows 7, because I don't have these problems on my laptop, which came ready installed with it. As you probably know, Sony Vaio machines rely heavily on their Vaio update. But the Vaio update is blitzed by the Windows update, and can't always be put back.

I am doing quite well because Sony's own web site believes you can never upgrade to Windows 7 and get your keyboard controls working again, but I managed to. It was a very difficult week when I had no access to the brightness. I was working with dark glasses on!

I don't have the energy to do yet another install of Windows 7. I did it four times before realising it wasn't improving with each. But I could try installing and uninstalling Xara and others, to see whether they feel happier now I have some better dlls from Sony/Nvidia.

I live in hope.

Thanks for trying to help.

Ali
    IP