Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro6-purchase

Hi,
    I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this but moderators can move to appropriate forum.
    On previous releases when you purchased the upgrade I didn't recieve a manual with the order..but the verson differences weren't that advanced. But with ALL the New and Enhanced editing features I was hoping to get an updated manual when it is shipped.
    Is this going to happen? or did I miss something on the upgrade page? LOL
    JimM
    IP

Default Re: Designer Pro6-purchase

I saw there would be no manual.
    Joe
    IP

Scotty,
    from the upgrade page in Xara´s website:
    "Important Note: If you are upgrading your Xara Xtreme Pro 3.x 4, or 5 to Designer Pro 6 you will not receive the printed manual."
    IP

Info Re: Designer Pro6-purchase

How goes it Jim?

Here's an answer for you straight from Xara:

Xara Designer Pro 6

What's included?

Instant unlock of the trial, plus a CD with the Designer software, full help, more than 50 Live Effects plug-ins, more than 3000 images including clipart, example illustrations and template graphics, 200 photos, 500 textures, 250 Truetype and PostScript fonts. A printed Quick Reference Card. Plus an extra Xara Xone CD containing more than 80 HTML tutorials featuring step by step creation of images and Hints & Tips. 450 page printed manual (except for upgrades from older versions of Pro).

Important Note: If you are upgrading your Xara Xtreme Pro 3.x 4, or 5 to Designer Pro 6 you will not receive the printed manual.
    Note the text I made bold and red!

Not that that is too big of a deal. The CDs that were shipped to me when I upgraded to XXP5 contained the Xara Xtreme Pro 5 manual in a PDF file. It was actually on the 'extra Xara Xone CD'. I don't know if the Xara Designer Pro 6 manual will be on the supplemental CD, or not, but I suspect it will. Maybe someone 'more in-the-know' can either confirm or deny whether a PDF of the manual will be on the CD.

I just printed my XXP5 manual from the PDF onto letter size paper, duplexed and hole punched, and plopped it in a 3-ring binder to read at my leisure.

IHTH,
    Harry
    IP

Hi Harry,
    Thanks for the reply to MY stupid question I went back to the upgrade page and actually took the time to read the whole page LOL..and found the reference..
    I guess I will have to invest in some printer ink....and a large amount of Paper.....
    Thanks
    JimM
    p.s
    IP

Lightbulb Re: Designer Pro6-purchase

Jim,

You wouldn't happen to know anyone with a laser printer or a copier-printer that would let you use a little bit of their toner, would you? It'd be a lot cheaper than the ink cartridges you'd go through. Of course it would only be in black and white, or shades of grey, unless it was a color laser printer. I printed my XXP5 manual in B&W and it is more than serviceable.

Just a money saving thought,
    Harry
    IP

Who wants to print a 450 page manual on an inkjet printer??

Why doesn't Xara just add the option to also order the new manual with the upgrade? I haven't upgraded yet but it would be great if somehow I could order the latest manual with it.
    IP

I agree with Know1. Give us the option to purchase a manual or an Addendum(sp) for the new features.
    JimM
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    ...or an Addendum(sp) for the new features.
    Please see FAQs forum thead:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...919#post366919
    IP

You can now purchase the Xara Designer Pro 6 manual at the top right of the Xara store:
    http://www.xara.com/eu/store/

IP