Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Moderators / Xhris dispute

This is just to clarify the situation regarding Xhris, the moderators and Egg's resignation as moderator.

There has been a dispute between Xhris and the moderators, which a few days ago resulted in Xhris being banned by the moderators for 1 month. We have tried to mediate and broker a solution, and clarify the processes and rules especially with regard to moderator warnings, bannings and signatures. Our interest is only in seeing a smooth running forum that recognises equally the huge value and contribution of both the solid core of long standing regular posters and the moderators.

We’ve also made it clear to the moderators that their dedication and loyalty to this forum is very much admired and appreciated by Xara and of course by the forum community. We don’t take their efforts for granted at all. And we also haven’t asked any of the moderators to leave or to cease being moderators – we very much would like them all to continue. So we’re sad to see that Egg has resigned as a moderator and would be happy to see him return to the role at any time.

Regards

Neil
    Xara
    IP

Default Re: Moderators / Xhris dispute

Bill's gone now! No way! What's really going on Xara?!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Maybe Bill just meant goodbye to that thread as he closed it down again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

NeilH thanks very much for that explanation. I’m not sure I completely understand what the problem is (was) but its quietened the conspiracy theorist within me and I hope things can return to normal a quickly as possible.
    Very sorry to see that Bill also seems to have gone though.
    Derek
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Maybe Bill just meant goodbye to that thread as he closed it down again?
    Unfortunately not Frances.
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Bill's profile still lists him as a moderator. So until Bill clarifies this I'm still holding out hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    IP

Bill's profile still lists him as a moderator. So until Bill clarifies this I'm still holding out hope. If we lose anymore dedicated mods TG will not be the same.

ok now how did I manage to get a double post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP

Shock!?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    Bill's gone now[/URL]! No way! What's really going on Xara?!
    Indeed, what IS going on! I can understand that moderation can be frustrating and hard work sometimes but to loose Egg and Bill on the same day.

Also Xhris surely should be considered a valued contributor with his videos and an average post of 1 a day (according to his profile). I don't really understand Bill's last comment.

Well, since the other thread is now closed, I'll give my thanks to Egg here - he's gone above the call of duty - even as a moderator - to help me in the past.

Strange days indeed.
    IP

Xara seems to have taken the side of Xhris against the mods [I'm just reading between the lines here I emphasise] who have helped me and loads of people a whole lot more everyday. That's just my take on it - seeing as Xara is such an unusually friendly as well as helpful community I hope we get some expanded clarification asap. Not our business? Damn well is! TG is not like other forums.
    IP