Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Resignation as Moderator.

It is with great regret that I have to announce my resignation as a moderator. I have moderated on this forum for as many years as I can remember but I can no longer accept the interference of Xara as a company into the moderation of TG.

Moderation is not only a daily but often and hour by hour routine and it is carried out by a small group of very dedicated members. I cannot accept Xara dropping in and out of the moderation when it suits their idea of how TG operates. If they wish to interfere in such a way then I'm more than happy to let them take over the mantle of moderation as they are quite at liberty to do as they pay the piper. But not with my co-operation.

Xara has announced new rules regarding regulation of the forums. I am not willing to continue under these rules, hence my resignation. (Perhaps Xaras intention?)

I will of course still continue as a TG member & as a Xara supporter but I'm no longer willing to act as a moderator under such a regime.

Regards,
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Resignation as Moderator.

Hi Egg,
    Sorry to hear of you decision...but look forward to your participation in the forum. I always admired and respected your contribution as a mderator to the forum.
    JimM
    IP

alilister Guest

Sorry you are upset and sorry to be dim. What new rules have come in?

Ali
    IP

Sorry you felt the need to resign as a moderator Egg [whatever the reasons] but I'm very glad TG is not going to lose you as a contributor
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

I second that emotion.
    IP

Where are the new forum rules?

I was wondering why Xhris was Suspended, and why gary had a BIG signature saying "somebody have to advert" some days ago, and now you are resigning as moderator. This is not good, you always support users, they should heard you.

Anyway it´s your desicion and should be the best for you.

But you will be still a memeber and thats good.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.
    IP

Oh, I'll be far more vociferous in future post, I assure you, I'm no longer a moderator;-)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I too am sorry to hear that you are resigning as a moderator, and am glad you will still be around TG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Cheers Ali,

What new rules have come in?
    I'm afraid that's not up to me to release.
    Egg

IP

Glad you're at least staying to contribute your views and to share your talents with us. I, as everyone else, deeply appreciate ALL of your many contributions!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP