Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is it possible to duplicate a specific layer and add it to all pages of a website?

I need to add the same layer to all pages of a website. Is it possible to make a single layer and have it duplicated on all pages, or do I have to make a layer and then copy the content to each new layer? I see how to make duplicate layers on the same page but can't find a way to copy a layer to other pages.

Thanks,
    Jim

Default Re: Is it possible to duplicate a specific layer and add it to all pages of a website

Arrange -> Repeat all on all pages?

Default Re: Is it possible to duplicate a specific layer and add it to all pages of a website

I tried experimenting with something like that on a new website. I did Right Click>Duplicate Layer, and it would make a duplicate layer and add the layer to all pages because the pages were duplicates to start with. That would work if the layer was already there, but I need add the entire layer, not just the contents.

Jim

If you create a new layer with some objects and then select the objects and then click repeat all on all pages it copies the layer and selected objects onto the other pages. So you don't need to create the layer on each page, from what I can see anyway.

Thanks. It did work on a new layer, but didn't on my existing layer, don't know why, but I can get it to work across the whole website. I appreciate it!

Jim

I have a similar problem,an object to be repeated on all pages works but if I alter that object and ....arrange/update repeating objects..I get the new updated objects pasted on top of the old ones !

So I have to go to each and every page to delete the old objects, where have I screwed up please ?
    Edit/Delete Message

It's hard to say exactly what might be wrong. My guess is that you have multiple objects on the first page on top of each other, but not visible. Can you attach your .xar or .web file?

Jim