Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Smoke effects..

Anyone,

I'm trying to make some smoke effects for an image and I don't know how but, I've seen images with them.

Does anyone know how to, or, knows of any tutorials on how to make smoke effects. Any effects are welcome. Smoke from a blaze, from a match, steam, puffs of smoke like from a cigar or cigarette.. doesn't matter! Thanks guys.

RJ (Poster-man) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Anyone,

I'm trying to make some smoke effects for an image and I don't know how but, I've seen images with them.

Does anyone know how to, or, knows of any tutorials on how to make smoke effects. Any effects are welcome. Smoke from a blaze, from a match, steam, puffs of smoke like from a cigar or cigarette.. doesn't matter! Thanks guys.

RJ (Poster-man) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

if you have eyecandy, you can use their smoke filter
    IP

RJ did the eyecandy smoke filter work for you?
    IP

you can make smoke by hand pretty easily...
    make a grey circle...then just use the smudge tool at like...60% and mess with that...or make grey spikes off of it...use the filter/distort/shear then blur the hell out of em...just some ideas...mess with em
    IP

yup, easy to make your own smoke, and for that matter, flames can be done in the same sort of manual manner...

here are some flames I have thrown together for this demo...would anybody care to add some burning logs? some smoke...and of course some sparks going up through the smoke?... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://www3.telus.net/thegidgitzone/flamesexample.jpg
    IP

Hey guys,

Jay.. I got Eyecandy 4000 and yes, I was able to make smoke AND fire! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Also, Stranj.. I tried your method also and it does pretty good, it takes a little more time than EC 4000 cause it's pretty automatic, but, thanks anyway, cause it will still come in handy when I need some different smoke effects. Nice flames, Gigit. Keep up the good work, guys.

Thanks again.
    RJ (The Postmaster) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

I had eyecandy...need to install again...and I'm pretty sure I remember not being very impressed with their smoke...thats why I just taught myself how to make my own
    IP

first time I ever took a stab at makin some flames this is what I got...chuck is just a dumbass 'friend' of mine...
    http://www.hodgens.net/~stranjguy/gr...ireychuck2.gif

keep in mind...first attempt...
    I'm partially color blind so I had to have a friend tell me when it was yellow and not green [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]null[/img]
    IP