Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Xara6 - Photo Pop-Ups - Automatically Play Slide Show Broken?

Has anyone tried this option in Xara Designer 6?

It didn't work for me. I had to click on an image for the slide show to begin.

Default Re: Xara6 - Photo Pop-Ups - Automatically Play Slide Show Broken?

This is correct behavior and the same for Web Designer 6

From the help file
    Automatically start slideshow: Turn this on if you want a slideshow to start as soon as the user clicks on any of your popup photos. You can also choose how many seconds each photo should be displayed for when the slideshow is playing.

Then, when I constructed a web page in WebD6 when it first came out, I must have inserted some custom code. I'll have to take a closer look.

WebD6 web pages that auto play when a particular page is opened. In XDesigner6 all heck breaks loose when it produces web pages with the same file. Script error messages, the debugger dialog, and Xara locks up.

I submitted the file to Xara support late yesterday. I'll see what they say.

EDIT: Ah, this is the script placed in the Tracker code for those pages which autoplay a slideshow:
    " <script type="text/javascript">function my_autohs(){var ll=document.getElementsByTagName('A');for(var i=0;i<ll.length;i++){if(ll[i].className.indexOf("highslide")!=-1){hs.expand(ll[i]);break;};};};my_autohs();</script> "

There is also a placeholder on each page which modifies the sort order which contains: " <script type="text/javascript">function xr_thumbsort(a){};</script> ".

It must be one of these scripts or a combination of both that is causing the problem for Xara Designer 6.
    Last edited by jclements; 17 June 2010 at 01:44 PM.

I got a reply back from Xara Support and, yes, there is a bug. But it appears to be related to publishing from XaraDesigner6 when ALL LAYERS VISIBLE is enabled in the Page and Layer Gallery.

"The problem we I'm seeing with your file is somewhat different to what you described ....

With all layers visible ENABLED in the layer gallery, the popup behaviour is NOT working as intended.

With this option DISABLED ( all layers visible not enabled from the page and layer gallery) the site exports and behaves as intended."
    Customer Support.