Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default drawing with transparency stroke

Hi

the changes in designer 6 seem to mean that it is no longer possible to draw in freehand tool, with a transparency attribute applied as you draw, using the constant [not custom] stroke

the transparency becomes current regfix still seems to work for fills, but no longer for this

maybe I am missing something and someone can put me right - but if this is really so, then please could we have it back, it is important for my sketching

thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: drawing with transparency stroke

Some people are just so so fast downloading, I haven't a chance to yet!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Xara have done a wonderful job with the freehand tool from the cartooning point of view - well done

I have been up most of the night checking what can now be done in XDP6

and I have a project pending that has been waiting for this specifically

if it is not possible to do the sketching in XPD6 I guess I can do it in XXP5 and port it over

it may be that it is too 'difficult' to meld transparency attribute and pressure sensitivity together in the constant stroke at this time, if so that I can understand...
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am working at the moment but Pro 6 is working at the moment. Totally agree with what you stated about the new photo brush works a treat will really help with my cartoons that I draw and scan in. Now why didn't Adobe come up with that idea with all there money, well done Xara. At the moment working with the new transparency settings have you tried yet to export them as PDF? To get back on topic never gave a line transparency before starting the line always like to really see what I was doing. If you start the line then set the transparency Ctrl+C then Shift+Ctrl+A over the selected line then restart the line it will draw is the only solution that I see.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I suppose if you could have transparency with the new brush drawing you could do some pretty nice sketchy/watercoloury illustrations. Not something I use a lot but it would be nice to have some sort of option to be able to do it.

Thanks Peter - could be a tad slow methinks

Squeaky - yes for painting it would be good to have transparency types as well as simple transparency - great

thing is if you build up a pencil line on paper, as you will know the pencil strokes are transparent to a degree as you work [unless you are using a really black pencil or you hand is like lead] - this is how it is done so you can see what you are doing as you build

what we have now is a wonderful inking tool - pencilling is something else

such quick build up of the strokes into a line for design work is what I really need here, mimic-ing the pencil digitally

it can be done with stroke shape[s] so it can be done in XXP5 - but it would be really nice to have it in XDP6 and pressure sensitive [since again pencils are to an extent when blunt] - even if it is a 'here be dragons' regfix

[next request - paper grain - please don't all shout at me at once ]
    Nothing lasts forever...

An Update:

the custom brushes are much better too - thanks again

you can of course draw transparency strokes with these, but autodeselect does not work with custom brushes

if autodeselect could be made to work with custom brushes, that would go a long way towards solving my problem re the transparency stroke sketching

ironically the old fix of keeping your finger [or stapler] on the ESC key no longer works [unless there is a way of reassigning the reset attributes function of that key?]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    At the moment working with the new transparency settings have you tried yet to export them as PDF? .
    the pressure sensitive lines export fine to pdf as far as I can see [get converted to shapes and can be clipviewed, but thats 'normal']

unfortunately export to svg does not work well

as far as new transparency settings go - still looking at these in this regard and, as you say OT here, so be in another thread....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve,

Doesn't sketch mode mean that you no longer need the auto-deselect hack?

Phil

Hi Phil

certainly with the stroke shapes yes

I was not so sure with the custom brushes, but to tell you the truth, it does seem to be working so far this afternoon...

one thing is for certain - you all need a pat on the back for what you have done with the brushes, this is way cool

it makes me very happy indeed that you have done this, I cannot thank you enough

I will get back to you if I re-find any issues with custom brushes, otherwise, maybe it was just me

thanks again

steve
    Nothing lasts forever...