Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDP6 Unable To Change Some Website Properties

This is an extension of another thread concerning slow site upload times, and using the check box "Re-publish changed files only". I've purchased XDP6 and am having a problem with the entire site uploading instead of just the changed files. Checking or unchecking the checkbox wouldn't cause the "Apply" button to change. If I changed another setting on the same options window, the "Apply" would change to being highlighted. Then it would seem the setting would "stick". I also was getting a popup dialog box pertaining to the Text Tool when clicking on the "OK" button. So far, I've found that if I have the Text Tool in use with a text box being worked on, go the the Website Properties, and click on OK, I get an error message (see attached). You can see the Text Box outline below the Website Properties box. It's as if the software doesn't know the box is there and thinks I'm working on the Text Box. I am able to toggle back and forth between uploading the entire site and just changed files by checking or unchecking, as long as I don't get the popup error message. I'll keep you posted on anything else I find out about this.

Jim

Update: I tried making a new page with just a text box and I don't get the popup error message. Although I still can't get the "Re-Publish" checkbox to highlight. The sites I'm having a problem on are ones already made and modified with WD6.
    If I have the cursor in plain text I'll get the error popup. If the cursor is in a word that's linked, I don't get the popup.
    I will get the error popup on all the tabs of the Web Properties box as long as the "Apply" button isn't highlighted when I click "OK".

EDIT: I've found that a Text Area without any hyperlinks in it won't give me the error popup. If I add a hyperlink to the text area, then I get the error popup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture103.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	73319  
    Last edited by jimhanus; 17 June 2010 at 02:57 AM.

Default Re: XDP6 Unable To Change Some Website Properties

Attached is a video screen shot replicating the problem I'm having with the "Re-publish Changed Files Only" and the Website Properties box not working correctly. Once a word or letter is a made a hyperlink, the error popup will happen on all tabs in that box while the Text Tool is in use.
    Hope this helps to get this corrected.

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Once a word or letter is a made a hyperlink, the error popup will happen on all tabs in that box while the Text Tool is in use.

Yes I can repeat that Jim.

sledger,
    Has there been any progress on this? Should I submit it as a bug?

Jim

Already reported Jim. Thanks