Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Visible HTML-code

Hi

Is it possible to see and copy the HTML-code when the website is produced in webdesigner? I would like to use it for a Facebook-page for a company, but that demand that I can copy the sourcecode.

Odsherred

Default Re: Visible HTML-code

The HTML is viewable after export of your pages in the normal way.
    There is no viewable HTML during the design process, only after export.

Hi Sledger

I have tried what you suggested and some part of it seems to work. But I am only allowed to see the html-code after exporting it, if I delete the folder with all the index-files, that contains pictures and graphics.
    Any idea what is wrong?

There is no HTML during the design process inside Web Designer because WD is not a HTML editor, it's a HTML generator.

The HTML (once exported) does not contain images either (no HTML does in fact) it simply references (via relative links) the images at the location they are stored. In the case of WD6 exported pages, these files are located in the folder index_htm_files by default. This folder also contains the style sheets and javascript files which are also necessary to display the page as intended in web browsers.

In order to use the HTML from a WD export at another location, you will need to store these files at some hosted space that you have access to and then change the relative links to absolute links manually.

Smile Re: Visible HTML-code

Great.
    Thank you.