Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

xdp6 Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

I'm just very pleased with it Everything in one solid program (don't have to switch anymore between WD6 and XXP5 while working). I've a lot of trust in the Xara developers by now, so I'm sure in future releases all bugs will be fixed and more smart tools will be added and/or improved.
    Thanks a lot Xara !
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Ditto to that!!!
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    ...so I'm sure in future releases all bugs will be fixed and more smart tools will be added and/or improved...
    I have grown to sincerely doubt the first part of this statement. I notified Xara of a bug way back in the time of Xtreme 4. It was marked as 'high-priority', and another member has since been told that it would be addressed in 'the next release.' The next release has occurred, and the bug still exists: http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42542

Per the new tools, there was once a thread where covoxer insinuated that they would be too hard to add, because they required a complete core rewrite (or something like that). I can't quickly find his post, but that was his insinuation, so I wouldn't hold my breath. The opacity mask tool must not have required a core rewrite.

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    they would be too hard to add, because they required a complete core rewrite
    That depends on the tool.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    I have grown to sincerely doubt the first part of this statement. I notified Xara of a bug way back in the time of Xtreme 4. It was marked as 'high-priority', and another member has since been told that it would be addressed in 'the next release.' The next release has occurred, and the bug still exists: http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42542
    I get the impression that the developers' default answer to bugs is 'Yes, but you can work around it in such and such a way.', and they tend to leave it at that. Too bad.

Does anyone know the difference between Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 ??? Are they the same except that Xara Designer Pro 6 has Web Functions ???

Thanks...

laser1,
    Take a look at this comparison chart.

Xara Designer PRO = Xara Graphic & Photo Designer + Xara Web Designer + Additional features for pros (Color Separation Support, PANTONE® color support, PDF/X export, XPS Support, support for multi-core processors etc)

Xara Graphic & Photo Designer - is mostly for graphic/image/web design (doesn´t have PRO features)

Xara Web Designer - is mostly for web design (it has a simplified graphic toolset compared to Xara Graphic & Photo Designer and no PRO features)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 23 June 2010 at 02:33 AM.

thank you !!!