Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: how to promote websites by using SEO

This contact form is Silverlight.
    The blue loading spinner animation is a dead give-away for one thing, also right-click will show the label.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverlight.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	76626  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey thanks Steve! I wouldn't have found that ... I'll try one of the widgets in the Xara gallery instead!

Really enjoying reading the group on Xara-Users ... loads of really sharp people!

Cheers
    Paul
    Paul J
    "If it was easy ... everyone would be doing it!
    http://www.tactical-graphic-design.com

I'm not saying it is the Silverlight, just that it's possible. Or it might be a combination of the scripts you have on the one page. Or perhaps even one script is missing a closing tag etc and so on. Debugging can be quite easy or take forever ..

Happy to help out xara users wherever the questions are Paul - it's all Xara stuff to me

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm not saying it is the Silverlight, just that it's possible. Or it might be a combination of the scripts you have on the one page. Or perhaps even one script is missing a closing tag etc and so on. Debugging can be quite easy or take forever ..

Happy to help out xara users wherever the questions are Paul - it's all Xara stuff to me
    Appreciate that Steve ... took out the contact box, it was the only (non Xara) addtion before the problem was reported to me ... I just checked it and it seems to be working just dandy! For my part the debugging process would lean closer to the forever side as I'm not a coding guy other than the rudimentary stuff.

From what I see you're a big help to a lot of folks! Been 15 years with Xara now and have met (indirectly) nothing but good people ... way back Charles or Kate were answering questions for me ... Gary P also ... the support desk has always been good ... so you're definitely of the Xara breed Steve!
    Paul J

Hey Steve ... that Stack Overflow problem wasn't solved after all by removing that Silverlight form gadget ... at first it seemed it did. So debugging I went and may have found a bug in DP6 as well.

I deleted (one by one) all scripted gadgets and the problem kept re-occurring right down to a virtually bare-bones page. I uploaded that page as a test file & then went to the source code. Low & behold I found that even though I had deleted the AnswerTips gadget (the actual offender) from the page, the script for it remained embedded in the source code. I manually deleted that in Notepad and presto ... problem gone in IE, the only browser (other than Xara preview) where it was occurring.

So the issue I'm pondering is why that script was left in the source code after the placeholder had been removed from the page & the page re-saved & re-exported.
    Paul J

Couldn't say Paul, I would have to see the .xar and experience this myself.

tactical-graphic-design-index.xar

Hi Steve ... there is the file ... the placeholder was already deleted but the remnant code remains.

Doesn't make sense that the code would stay!

Thanks mucho
    Paul
    Paul J

You have two rogue placeholders in the content layer which are just touching the right edge of your page and contain the code which is causing the stack overflow messages.

Remove these and all is fine again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taccom-two-rogue-placeholders.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	76647

I MUST be going bling, Steve! Thanks Man!

Went to work on those <h> tags ... found that the tag forces the font size up so I added a <Font> tag although depricated now and specified size ... that worked but pushed the text way out of alignment on the previewed page ... thought I had that addressed bt putting the header on its own independent line but it still jumped a good half inch. Got to play with with it in a fresh document and experiment.
    Paul J

Quote Originally Posted by taccom View Post
    Went to work on those <h> tags ... found that the tag forces the font size up ...
    Errrr... Yeh Paul - that's what heading tags are supposed to do.
    Heading TAGS
    W3 Schools on H tags