Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Check the dfferent sites

They are thousands of sites that will help you out. I think type SEO tutorial on any search engine and then check out those sites you will find sites which are very helpful.

Default Still problem not cleared………….

Problem is yet not cleared. Very unsure what to do.

Default Re: Still problem not cleared………….

Jessica, SEO is a big and often controversial topic, so arriving at a specific answer to SEO promotion is probably something that wont happen on the forum. Have you taken a look at the many SEO debates here on talkgraphics and indeed via google?

SEO isuccess involves much more than editing a web page (though that is important) it's about what content you provide and how you promote your website through other websites.

Paul

Default Re: how to promote websites by using SEO

Quote Originally Posted by jessica034 View Post
    I have no knowledge regarding SEO. Can anybody suggest and help me on this issue.
    If you are competent with HTML, then I suggest this book.

Get to the Top on Google: Tips and Techniques to Get Your Site to the Top of the Search Engine Rankings -- and Stay There [Paperback] by David Viney (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Top-Google...9817742&sr=8-9

It was actually recommended by some else on these forums (sorry, but I forget who). It is the only book I have read on the subject, but I can assure you that the methods are solid.

There is no guarantee, of course, of top ranking, which will be a function of many factors, not the least of which is the amount of competition for the keywords you hope to perform well for. However, you should be able to get on to the first 3 pages for many keywords/keyphrases, again, depending on competition. E.g., top ranking for a single word like "furniture" is going to be difficult.

However, I was able to drastically improve the ranking for one site I did a makeover for, by applying the knowledge gained from that book.

Remember, content is king. The goal of SEO is to get relevant traffic to your site to increase the likelihood of conversions (a.k.a. sales). "Tricking" people to visit your site may increase your traffic, but will likely not increase your conversions. Having quality, visually appealing content, relevant to the keywords a person used to find you, is critical to having a good conversion rate.

Default Re: Still problem not cleared………….

Problem is yet not cleared. Very unsure what to do.

There is not three minute answer and no one will do it for you without being paid to do so. Numerous members have told you to do Google searches and offered solid competent wisdom. Anything topical will have multiple conflicting camps offering different advice and suggestions.

This truly is not a Xara issue in any way. You might want to check out the HTML Writers Guild or a similar group.

Hi
    I am in website development for over a year now. But most of the clients are also asking for promotion of their websites by using SEO. I have no knowledge regarding SEO. Can anybody suggest and help me on this issue. Just can’t give you any address of mine.
    I would be glad to help with your SEO. No charge. I have been working from home for 3 years due mainly to my SEO success for a wide variety of industries, companies and products. I am also looking for XARA Freelancers for Website and logo work. Feel free to email me for more info
    Bob@dotdancer. com

Dirtwad, you've certainly managed to publicise yourself on talkgraphics.

Is every post going to be an advert?

Smile Re: how to promote websites by using SEO

Hey Pauland,

I have no intention of advertising my service on this forum. My service is building websites and SEO for local business owners. I am not a Xara guru yet but have received a lot of FREE help from others in this forum. I have nothing to sell anyone in this forum. Just trying to offer something back for all of the help that I have received.

I apologize if I did not make that clear. But that is what I meant when I said... I can help at "no charge."

I am sincerely thankful for the Xara products and support that have allowed me to have a successful business and the blessing of working from home so I can spend more time with my wife and children.

Life is short. The more we help one another, the more we can accomplish. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

Dirtwad, we all help people out. The repeated infomercial with contact details is a bit tedious - even if the search engines do like it.

No, You are wrong. The few posts that I have added to this forum have no impact on search engines. If I wanted to promote my service and/or website in the way that you are accusing me, I would continue to add links to my domain in my posts and in my signature like you have. www.Ipauland.com I hope the SE's love that reference to your site.

Further, If you look at my website you will clearly see that I am not even trying to SEO my site. Not even locally. If I did I would have a Google map link and location to my geo specific area. The fact is, I get enough business via word of mouth. Ironically, I make most of my income from SEO work yet I have not even taken time to SEO my own business.

No, we ALL do not help one another but it would be a better world if we did. Infomercial? It appears you do not trust the good intentions of others. Very sad. But if you need help with your website or anything related feel free to contact me. No Charge. No Upsell. No Bait and Switch. Just help.