Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Still no news on the next release of Xtreme

Just received Xara Outsider and was hoping to see ground breaking news on a release date or some hint of the next version but alas nothing, nada not a thing.

Anyone have any thoughts on a lite version of Xtreme for the IPAD, There are some nice lite graphic apps out there.
    I ate my crayon.

Default Re: Still no news on the next release of Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by JaffDave View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on a lite version of Xtreme for the IPAD, There are some nice lite graphic apps out there.
    If the Apple Mac market is not of interest/viable for Xara/Magix , then I doubt the iPad market is either at this stage.

Will there actually be an Xtreme PRO version in future?

We've already heard that there is.
    Version 6 standard will not have Web Designer 6 upgrades but Pro will.

To be honest, I've lost hopes in Xtreme a little because of the "Xtreme" shift towards cheap static web-site making, instead of a graphics tool.

Sadly my bad feeling about this is further strongly supported by the new "Technical support" forum here, which is "version-neutral", and thus serves as a good statistic about the usage distribution of Xara versions: There, it can be clearly seen than 99% of users are "cheap website making" folks, which indicates where the future emphasisis is. There's hardly a single post about Xtreme.

Anyway. Still hoping to see and upgrade to a strong Xtreme 6 Pro...
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Cool Re: Still no news on the next release of Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by instinctive.de View Post

Sadly my bad feeling about this is further strongly supported by the new "Technical support" forum here, which is "version-neutral", and thus serves as a good statistic about the usage distribution of Xara versions: There, it can be clearly seen than 99% of users are "cheap website making" folks, which indicates where the future emphasisis is. There's hardly a single post about Xtreme.
    It could be because WD6 has recently been released? Or perhaps there are less issues about Xtreme? I do share your other sentiments, though...
    Tony

I'm OK with the web developer tool, it's great to display concept work to clients prior to the real coding work.

If the WD software is keeping Xtreme afloat I say run with it. What Xtreme can't do my Adobe software can.
    I ate my crayon.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm one of those "cheap website making folks" and I have put a lot of time into learning how to use both Xtreme and Web Designer to create a growing home business. I don't have any degrees and I can't write code but I can draw and I know a lot about layout and design from the years I have spent designing advertising. I am proud of my website that I created myself from scratch using Web designer and Xtreme Pro. I am waiting for the release of Xtreme 6 and hoping that along with the new web design features there might be some other new features. Xara has done a great job with web designer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Nice website ... good use of Comic Sans and I love the colours
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 June 2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost.php?p=326931&postcount=8

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I'm one of those "cheap website making folks" and I have put a lot of time into learning how to use both Xtreme and Web Designer to create a growing home business. I don't have any degrees and I can't write code but I can draw and I know a lot about layout and design from the years I have spent designing advertising. I am proud of my website that I created myself from scratch using Web designer and Xtreme Pro. I am waiting for the release of Xtreme 6 and hoping that along with the new web design features there might be some other new features. Xara has done a great job with web designer.
    I'm not a professional artist by any means -- but I've used graphics tools for many many years for presentations and complex business graphics, my own business brochures, websites, photo editing, loads of web graphics for a commercial games site we built and ran a few years ago (half a million members!), and more. I depended heavily on Corel products for several years, added PhotoImpact for its sheer convenience for knocking out some quick images and effects *cheap*, added Paintshop Pro in the mix, then Fireworks and Photoshop along with some inexpensive ones like Serif DrawPlus. When I learned about Xara it was a breath of fresh air -- deceptive simple looking, with an approach that feels far more intuitive than so many of the menu-heavy apps. The rendering speed and non-destructive image editing are great. I may not have all the same fine control in Xara Xtreme that I would in Photoshop -- but I can knock out some excellent looking work in a fraction of the time with Xara, and it's simply a fun environment to work in.

I've also been knocking out a few quick websites with Xtreme 5, and it's great that I can simply fire it up, crank out a few quick changes and post them online in a couple of minutes -- pretty amazing.

I'm sorely tempted to get WebDesigner 6, as it would probably make maintenance of several of these sites easier. But I also want to keep up with Pro, and will be buying it when it comes out, so getting WebDesigner 6 now would seem to be a waste of money.

So -- how long do I wait? Should I just bite the bullet and pay for WebDesigner now knowing full well that I'll ditch it for Pro when that comes out?

- Jon