Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Make the web page lower on the screen.

Hi, can anyone tell me how to make the web page appear lower on the screen in WD6? It is always at the top and I would like to make it central on the screen. Thanks, Dave.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Make the web page lower on the screen.

Hi David and welcome to talkgraphics,

While I don't know of any tweek that will allow you to center the page on the screen (though I'm reasonably sure that one could be created), you can lower your page from the top. To do this, simply press Ctrl+L to open the Ruler, then in the upper right hand corner where the horizontal and vertical rulers come together you will see a + symbol. Click and drag that + to where you want it above your page, and your page will appear same number of pixels away from the top of the screen as where you release the mouse button above your page. I know it isn't quite the same thing but it does at least give you some space above the page.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Place your page elements where you want them to appear.

Web Designer creates an html page exactly as the elements appear within the work space. If your page displays them near the top that is where you have placed them in the work space.

The work space is the 'white' area, the paste board is the grey area around the work space.

What page size are you using when creating your page?

Perhaps you are starting with one of the available templates.

If so you can move the elements. Use the page & layer gallery to make all layers within a page visible and editable. Use Ctrl+A to select all, then press the down arrow on your keyboard to move everything down.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Guys, thanks for your quick response, I would never have found that out on my own. I've been looking through the WD6 help for ages.

I think this trick is also around somewhere. This would be useful if you already had the design all done for multiple pages and moving stuff around would be a pain.

Create an object on the pasteboard, give it the name <head>, go to the web properites and placeholder tab, choose replace with html, and put this in there:
    Code:
    <style>
    #xr_xr {
       margin-top: 30px;
    }
    </style>
    Change the margin value as to how far from the top of the browser window you want it.

I think the xr_xr div is always there - someone feel free to explain a better way.

Hope this helps.