Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Takes so long to upload

Sledger

Sorry but your reply is of no assistance because 'Republish changed files only' is already ticked as it is for all four websites I have made with WD6. Without exception I have to wait a minimum of 90 seconds and up to 3 minutes for the publishing process to complete.

Regards
    Cantab52

If you already had the item ticked, good for you - at least I may have caused you to check - so of some user perhaps
    The information in my post still stands true because it is in fact, fact. If it didn't help you - I'm sorry but I'm sure it will help the penny drop for someone else.
    Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by kkeys View Post
    Without exception I have to wait a minimum of 90 seconds and up to 3 minutes for the publishing process to complete.
    How large your design is? How many pages, images etc.?
    John.

If you use the "Export Website" routine it re-publishes everything
    By the way, "Export" doesn't publish anything.

Sledger

Unfortunately for me your reality is not my reality, whether you believe it is in fact a fact. The routine does not work for me. Hopefully someone will come up with an answer to this frustration. Should I submit a ticket about this to Xara support? Problem is I don't have much confidence in them because of the debacle I am having with the videofile missing message I first alerted them to over a month ago which you were also unable to help me with. Despite me providing them with all requested information and files the problem remains unresolved and they are now not even responding to my polite requests for a progress report.

Despite these huge frustrations I remain a committed Xara user (I go back to Computer Concepts and Acorn days) and love what I have managed to create with Xtreme and WD6.

Kind regards
    Cantab52

Quote Originally Posted by kkeys View Post
    Sledger

Unfortunately for me your reality is not my reality, whether you believe it is in fact a fact. The routine does not work for me. Hopefully someone will come up with an answer to this frustration.
    Sledger is just trying to check all of the circumstances of your problem - it's not a question of disbelief. If you do want an answer it would be better to remember that people here are trying to help you in their own free time and of their own volition. Sledger was helping you out.

Pauland

You misinterpret my reply. I have utmost respect for all those who try to help users on this website and especially Sledger. My frustration is with Xara support who have not been at all helpful. Nevertheless, Sledger's reality is not my reality. I have read his latest reply which seems to indicate that the process is in fact working correctly and that the time delay with the 'Export website' is normal because all files have to be re-published. I obviously mistakenly thought that this routine would work the same as the 'Publish website' routine and only upload the changed pages.

Regards
    Cantab52

Steve's reality is correct. He's just trying to check exactly what is happening with you. Nobody is suggesting you don't have a problem - it's simply a case of establishing all of the circumstances. His suggestions have already established a misunderstanding of the operation of the software on your part, so I think the response "Sledger's reality is not my reality" is inappropriate. Sledger has helped tons of people out with problems here, but such responses don't encourage people to invest their time.

A simple "I have that set already, any other ideas?" is a much better approach.

Pauland

Thanks for the feedback. Points noted.

Cantab52

I'm sorry to have caused so much trouble ...... but the main point is the check box that tells it only to upload changed files does not work .....its as simple as that ...... when the files are uploading I can see they are all uploading in the status bar..... takes forever ....thats why i am using DW to upload files as it take only a few seconds if i change some text .

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .