Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default defining color as RGBA, rather than RGB

it would be very useful to me if xtreme had transparency [alpha] as an attribute of color - that is define the colours RGBA as is the case with inkscape and toon boom for example, rather than just RGB

it would mean,for example, any color on a fill gradient could be given transparency directly and independently of the others on the same gradient, and that would certainly simplify and speed up some coloring tasks

its true of course that you can give any stage on the fill gradient 'no-color' but this is not the same as being able to fade adjacent color stages 'in and out' independently, to reveal underlying color or simply to 'blend' the transition in a particular way
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thumbs up Re: defining color as RGBA, rather than RGB

I'd like that too! This would also mean better compatibility with Adobe Illustrator (RGBA).

I would guess this requires a rewrite of the render engine though..

Currently, the transparency-tool and color grades are independently.

If transparency is added to color grades (RGBA) -AND- the transparency-tool added on top, this is two transparency's total. (RGBA + Transparency tool).
    Last edited by Nostaw; 14 June 2010 at 11:45 PM.

Default Re: defining color as RGBA, rather than RGB

It would be nice if the transparencies would render nearly the same but the programme must have their differences. Just think how long it took AI to achieve really usable transparencies it must have been about 14 years and it has taken the print industry about 10 years to be able to print it consistently without overprinting or leaving white lines. With our PDF/X export we now have a chance of producing & printing documents with transparencies consistently with no drama. I see your point though.
    Design is thinking made visual.