Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Getting Flash Video to run automatically

Hi,
    I work as a graphic designer, completely new to this web designing thingy, absolutely no html or anything else along this line. I got Web Designer to offer web design to my customers, thinking, this can't be too hard can it?However, my first commission is for a florist who wants a flash clip from istockphoto to run on their homepage. I would like this to run automatically when the page is opened with no player controls or frame showing. Is this possible? appreciate any help I can get, in simple language please

Default Re: Getting Flash Video to run automatically

Thread moved to Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme

In version 5, this seems to be the default. So, you create an object (like a rectangle or whatever) that will be replaced with the Flash. Go to the web properties for the object (ctrl-shift-w), go to the placeholder tab, Select "replace with flash" and brose to the swf file you want to play. Click apply or OK. Don't forget to apply the change or it won't work.

Just export as website and the video should play.

Does that help?

Hi slavelle,
    Thanks for taking time to help out.
    I have tried what you suggested and I see how that should work, unfortunately the flashvideo file is a .flv file and does not show up under flash files in WD.
    When I choose it under show all files, then apply and preview the page, it just comes up blank without the rectangle placeholder.
    I appreciate your help just the same.
    Cheers
    Eamonn

In Web Designer 6 you simply drag and drop your .FLV file into the document.
    WD produces the code and the placeholder/player automatically.

Once done, open the placeholder properties and change to two autoplay=false attributes to autoplay=true

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="100%" height="100%" id="standAlone" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/standAlone_omk.swf?url=1.flv&amp;sound=true&amp;lo op=true&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <embed src="index_htm_files/standAlone_omk.swf?url=1.flv&amp;sound=true&amp;lo op=true&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="100%" height="100%" name="standAlone" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>

Smile Re: Getting Flash Video to run automatically

Hi Sledger,
    Thanks!
    Haven't a clue what that was about, but it worked!
    How do you guys know this stuff?
    amptrip tooltrue =false? ... I dunno, but I'm glad you're there, got me out of a fix.
    The player controls are still there, but by positioning the player just below the bottom of the page, they are invisible when looking at the webpage.
    Thanks again Sledger, much appreciated.
    Eamonn

Good to klnow about the FLVs - otherwise they are either a pain to make work or you have to (pay for)/(deal with link-backs and logos) a plugin or you have to have produced the thing yourself with something like Camtasia that includes the player part)...

etc...

Thanks for the tip - don't have 6 yet, waiting for xtreme pro 6