Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: I-Frame code

Default I-Frame code

I’m using Designer 6 and creating I-frames to insert dynamic content…my plan is to use WordPress to update my content and archive that content.
    I noticed in previous postings that it was suggested using the code below in the placeholder
    (note that the http://the247newsroom.com” in the code is my website that I used simply as a test)

<iframe src ="http://www.the247newsroom.com" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder=0 scrolling=auto>the
    <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>

My question is this: can the horizontal scrolling bar be eliminated? And what is the code that I should be using so that I have ONLY the vertical scroll?
    Your help is appreciated.
    Petner

Default Re: I-Frame code

Scroll bars are content aware and browser dependant.
    Using 'auto' for the scrolling attribute will produce scroll bars where the browser detects that they are necessary to accommodate the content.
    A horizontal scrollbar therefore will be drawn when the width of the content exceeds the available window space. So enlarge your placeholder by a few pixels until the scrollbar is no longer drawn. Of course you have to take into account the pixels that the vertical scrollbar consumes but even this may differ slightly on some people's computers.

Having said that, there is a .css fix but you must have access to the internal frame’s code to implement this solution. It won't work for remote content if you don't have access to add the code to the document <head>

<style type="text/css">

HTML {
    width:98%;
    overflow-x: hidden;
    }

</style>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 June 2010 at 05:14 AM.

Thank you. I think it best if I try and enlarge the placeholder to make it work.
    Petner

Sledger,
    The I-frame setup seems to be my best solution, but I'm still having some trouble getting rid of the horizontal scroll.

I'm using a WordPress blog setup to post my content and then wrap it in my site. The WordPress template is narrow and works for my purposes, it's 500 pixels. I've created a placeholder in Desiger 6 that's slightly larger than the 500 pixels and the scroll bar is still there.

I have access to the WordPress pages and code, so I thought about using the solution you suggested earlier, adding this code:

<style type="text/css">

HTML {
    }

</style>

Can you please help this IT-challenged user and tell me where I should place that code...its not clear to me.
    Petner

In the HEAD section of the page.
    eg:

<head>
    <style type="text/css">

HTML {
    }

</style>

</head>

Sledger,
    I've been fiddling with this and having problems making this work. In an earlier post - can't seem to find it - you talked about another option of using a Google doc account to make this work.

Would you mind re-posting your message.

Someone suggested to me this morning that I should consider using Feedburner and tie it in with my design. Does this sound like a possibility?
    Petner

Google docs won't help you with your WordPress content.
    But as far as GD is concerned, you can publish it as a web page then use the supplied URL as the iframe src=