Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default template width??

When I open a template is is not wide enough. How do I change the default width using templates?

Also, are any of you using this program for layouts - and then working on it in Dreamweaver after??

Default Re: template width??

Right click on the page and select Options > Page Size and change the size to one of the sizes in the drop down list or create a custom size.

You will need to reposition and or resize the content.

What is it you want to do with the file in Dreamweaver?

I know the page size option - does this mean you can ONLY open a template page in ONE size? 800x600 is a pretty small size.

That is for sure something that should change in the next update I believe.

My idea with this software is to create a layout page. Using the file in Dreamweaver as a tempalte and put in database code, like ASP etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Helle View Post
    I know the page size option - does this mean you can ONLY open a template page in ONE size? 800x600 is a pretty small size.
    No it doesn't.
    There are a number of default page sizes to choose from in the File>>New menu.
    Additionally you may create your own and save them as new templates, you can set one of your custom sizes as the default template if you wish.

BTW: 800x600 isn't a page template that is included with any version of Web Designer or Xtreme that I have ?

yes, I have created my own... custom size etc.

The template "gear" is 760 pix wide *sorry*, but most of the deafult template sizes are 800x600 as far as I can see. Whatever, it would be so cool to be able to set the width of a template without having to change each and every page manually. Don't you agree?

Ah - you're talking about the Designs Gallery.

These are starter site designs for people to cut their teeth on the software or for those without any design flair at all.

800'ish wide centred sites with a static layout would be about average, I would not say they are too small.
    I think Xara have included a good range of starter sites for unrestricted use.