Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Index Default

Default Index Default

I would like to see future versions with no Index Default when publishing a website. This could mistakenly lead to overwriting your index page when using a different name for export by forgetting to rename it.

Thumbs up Re: Index Default

It's fine as a default on a new doc but I agree that it should be possible to rename the first page file name.

Default Re: Index Default

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    I agree that it should be possible to rename the first page file name.
    Do you mean the *.htm name of the first page?
    If so - then you already can, either at export time in the file name: dialogue or via Web Properties>>Page [tab]>>Page filename.

Ah sorry didn't realise that, it seems to work for .htm, .html but I'm trying with a .php extension and it renames the extension back to .htm - same behavior for .php would be good

Yes the extension for the first page will always be .htm
    The workaround is to create a blank dummy page so that page two is actually your start page named index.php

Steve

What I mean is if you have renamed a file to say locations.web and you want to export it as locations.htm when you go to export it the default index.htm name comes up and must be changed to locations.htm If someone forgets to change it to locations.htm then they will overwrite their index page with the new file.

In Web Properties, if you enter locations.htm in the 'page filename' section of the first page it will export as that. The name of the .web file is irrelevant. I've done a few this way.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

The answer is simple; Don't forget