Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anyone

1 100.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

the Go2Sleep site is indeed more creative than Pen & Pixel's site.

Check it out.

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAO.JPG 
Views:	747 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	2065  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Hahahhaaaa that go2 sleep site is brilliant [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RJ pp.com can photograph a high res image of one these stars,then they take another hi res image of a background or dole out some cash and buy the use of a background for their final image,what you dont seem to understand is these people have huge resources at their beck and call,we dont,and we also dont have whatever time it is going to take to make one up just so that you can see whether we can do it or not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Like Mark said it is a fairly specialized style of job to undertake so thus you wont see much of it.Mark is very very competent with PS as is Gary and is Erik,Gary has even written numerous books on PS.If you really want another opinion on PP.com go to the Adobe web site,browse to the Photoshop users group,register so that you can post then ask the members there,their opinion of PP.com,they may even know more about the place then you do,you never know .

Stu.

That's why I posted the pic of San Francisco (the park in front of the Moscone Center to be exact...I was lecturing there on Macromedia's behalf once and did about 11 rolls of film in 4 days) being menaced by the toy robot.

It takes patience, which eventually leads to technique, but it's not beyond the capability of anyone handy with a pixel editor.

Again, I salute Pen and Pixel with my very best YAWN.

Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOPEY.JPG 
Views:	698 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	6753  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Hiya'

I'm missing a post that I left the other day called "Pen & Pixel Graphics (I know how they do it). I thought that's what the replies were for, but, it's not here. Well.. anywho...*shrug*

Aaron Brauch dreamed up "Pen & Pixel Graphics" and with his brother Shawn Brauch (which he made creative director), started the company out of their apartment in Huston, TX with $1000 seed money after they left Rap-A-Lot Records. They have been designing CD Jackets for local and national recording artists since 1992. As of 2001, their artwork has helped generate well over $750, 000, 000 in record sales. Q Magazine named Pen & Pixel Graphics Inc. in its' 100 greatest album covers of all time for their talent, power to difine a specific era and ability to enhance an album's imagery. With over 15, 000 images to their credit, they have been commissioned to design for movie releases not to mention advertisements and website design. They have been praised in countless magazines including Billboard, Spin, and Vibe. Also L.A. Times and Houston Chronicle, to name a few publications where they're featured. Pen & Pixel also does video and television production as well as CD cover art, posters, flats, billboards, print ads, banners, and much more. You can find Pen & Pixel designs in other genres of music not just for Hip-Hop. It was the essance of Hip-Hop, though, which helped Pen & Pixel capture the essance of the base of its' design. Even now as they get offers to design for movie studios and corporate logos Pen & Pixel Graphics still is a growing force in professional design.

"They may even know more about the place than you do" HA! And..ummm... Yes, I DO ("seem to") understand what goes into what they're doing. Also, I know about their resources at their "beck and call" and how it takes time to accomplish a final design.
    Duh! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've been to the sites that were suggested and yes, I am VERY impressed! Nice work. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I didn't see anything that outdid Pen & Pixel's work, but, I did enjoy it. For those who simply said that Pen & Pixel's stuff is not your thing, that's understandable. A LOT of things aren't for me, either. That's life. I don't like EVERY single Pen & Pixel design, but that would be because it's not my taste particularly NOT because I want to be hateful. Now, for all those that trash Pen & Pixel Graphics, where would it be said that YOU did anything to define an era of CD cover art design (or ANY design, for that matter)? Where would it be that YOUR work helped generate that much money in record (or any) sales? Where are YOUR praise when you look in sountless magazines or papers??

I'll tell you where.. IN YOUR DREAMS!

RJ Swift

[This message was edited by RJ Swift on April 29, 2002 at 13:44.]

Mr. Swift-

I do not know what happens to postes sometimes either...the server burps as far as I can tell.

But I want you to know it was not yours truly. I have the power/authority to dump posts, but I'd only do it to an obnoxious troll and not contributors.

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Hiya Hiya!

Probably the server thing. It's all goody goody. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks.

"MR" RJ Swift [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]