Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anyone

1 100.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey Hey,

Kiwi, I agree with ya about Pootie Tang. I thought it was pretty lame compared to their other work. No offense taken about the "Special Software" peice. Actually I love it!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I respect that most people don't feel that their work is all that great. But, I want to see someone do something like what's on their site, because, and I say this with ALL due respect, so far I haven't seen ANYTHING. So, to me, they MUST be using something no one else is using besides Photoshop, Illustrater, and a couple of other off the shelf appz. I KNOW that I can't duplicate any of that stuff. I'm going to learn though, if I have anything to say about it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the comments guys. They are appreciated. Keep them comming. I'm taking this all in. See you later. Take care. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RJ

Morbis it is a 3d base program,and you can export in many different formats,Cinema 4d now actually has an after effects plugin as well.

http://www.maxon.net/usa/index.html

RJ have you looked in the gallery here?,there are some pretty nice composited works in there by many people [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

I can say this about the ppl at pen and pixel that I looked at there site and the art is one of a kind.....it has to take a real artist to do that work..what ever program they use is irrelevant..granted program has to do with the out come but I can bet the artist there can draw the out come just the same ... and just ass good

"If your not an artist first your still lost"...do mechanical animals dream?

Heres one of my Photoshop images that I though you might find interesting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf__composite.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	4079  

Damn I hate what a jpg can do to an image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Stu.

image is good ..what where you going for...it reminds me of the old 80's album when I was growing up...I think it was billy square...or maybe earth wind and fire...cant remember...I liek the fence thing...the twirl looks good..or goo?...do you have any fine art skills...

"If your not an artist first your still lost"...do mechanical animals dream?

Thanks Morbis [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I suppose I do have fine art skills to a degree,with the majority being self taught from books and just closely observing everything around me,thats the key observation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I was not really going for anything in particular in the image above I just wanted to see if I could successfully combine a group of pictures I had in different folders [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kiwi:
    Hi man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I checked out the new links and I gotta say I still dont see anything astonishing.Some of it is pretty good compositing,and that one Pootie Tang is not good [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .The computer generated backgrounds are called textures,and I am still positive with practise with Photoshop and Xara etc that you could do the same thing yourself in time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,but hey if you are happy then thats is all that matters [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ,just dont feel that you cant do the same with practise as I am sure you could,with or without their special software [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmmm.... i think i feel quite secure in saying that there's nothing in any of the images on that site that can't be done with 3 main apps:

1st & foremost is Photoshop

2nd is any 3D app (even a cheapy one for 3D type effects -- including the wavey, bendy effects -- Ulead's "Cool 3D" can do any of the 3D type effects i saw.) http://www.ulead.com/cool3d/runme.htm

3rd is perhaps Illustrator or any other "vector" program. Specifically for applying 2D type on a path (i.e. the curvey, bendy type effects).

The fact you haven't seen this style of art anywhere else doesn't surprise me at all. You're seeing the product(s) of one or a few artists. It's a very specialized style obviously, and not one you'd see just any ol' place.

I think some of it's pretty good. Very much like big movie posters would look like. And then some of it also is nice, but nothing real special.
    And i'm only saying THAT so YOU don't get discouraged about trying to mimic or use it to develope your own style. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just study the composition and 'trendwhore' techniques used. I don't think it's beyond your grasp to learn this style of artistic expression.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

Hi RJ Swift...
    RE: GrfxQn... Seriously your friend works there?? Well, if that is true and not a crock, tell him or her to fell free to e-mail me!!
    You know, come to think of it, they said something about having software no one has and having software specificly designed for working with text also, something about the final image being "rendered" in program ...Maybe that's why I haven't seen anyone duplicate that type of design. Hey, they can tell me I can keep a secret! LOL Or if they tell me, would they have to kill me?? Well, I can take that chance!!

I could tell you, but that would require murder / suicide...I'd have to die also. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Seriously, I could tell you a name, but the software isn't available for sale.