Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Vectra3D ...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I posted this in the New Gear forum too. Thought it might be of particular interest to some of you and not wanting you to miss it - I've reposted here.

I stumbled upon this very interesting product: Vectra3D. Here's a description they wrote:

The Vecta3D Standalone tool is a one-stop solution for creating amazing 3D images and animations for Macromedia Flash and other popular vector formats. Vecta3D allows you to create finished 3D vector artwork in a small fraction of the time that it takes to generate it by hand. Now, results which previously took days can be achieved in a few minutes! Vecta3D is a must have tool for anyone who creates vector graphics, whether for web design (Flash, LiveMotion), print design (Illustrator, Freehand, CorelDraw) or engineering.

Features:
    - The ability to interactively create amazing 3D images and animation sequences using imported 3D models or vector artwork and output them directly to either Macromedia Flash (.swf) or Adobe Illustrator (.ai) formats.
    - Import models exported from virtually all popular 3D programs, either .3DS from 3d Studio Max or DXF’s from InfiniD, Amapi, Raydream, Bryce, Poser, Carrara, Truespace, StrataStudio, Extreme3D, LightWave, Inspire, Softimage, Maya, Rhino3D, Hash Animation Master and many others!
    Handles ultra complex models. Vecta3D can efficiently "vectorize" far more complex models than any comparable product.
    - Render complex geometry as Wireframe or Flat-Shaded and extruded geometry with full gradient support and true 3D lighting.

Pretty amazing for just US $58.95 !

Note - be sure to check out all the examples on their site. The quality varies widely - I wouldn't want you to just see the bad ones.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I posted this in the New Gear forum too. Thought it might be of particular interest to some of you and not wanting you to miss it - I've reposted here.

I stumbled upon this very interesting product: Vectra3D. Here's a description they wrote:

The Vecta3D Standalone tool is a one-stop solution for creating amazing 3D images and animations for Macromedia Flash and other popular vector formats. Vecta3D allows you to create finished 3D vector artwork in a small fraction of the time that it takes to generate it by hand. Now, results which previously took days can be achieved in a few minutes! Vecta3D is a must have tool for anyone who creates vector graphics, whether for web design (Flash, LiveMotion), print design (Illustrator, Freehand, CorelDraw) or engineering.

Features:
    - The ability to interactively create amazing 3D images and animation sequences using imported 3D models or vector artwork and output them directly to either Macromedia Flash (.swf) or Adobe Illustrator (.ai) formats.
    - Import models exported from virtually all popular 3D programs, either .3DS from 3d Studio Max or DXF’s from InfiniD, Amapi, Raydream, Bryce, Poser, Carrara, Truespace, StrataStudio, Extreme3D, LightWave, Inspire, Softimage, Maya, Rhino3D, Hash Animation Master and many others!
    Handles ultra complex models. Vecta3D can efficiently "vectorize" far more complex models than any comparable product.
    - Render complex geometry as Wireframe or Flat-Shaded and extruded geometry with full gradient support and true 3D lighting.

Pretty amazing for just US $58.95 !

Note - be sure to check out all the examples on their site. The quality varies widely - I wouldn't want you to just see the bad ones.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>