Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Line Breaks in Mouseover Text Pop Up

Hi,

I am completely new to Web Designer and I'm working on my first website for a charity.

One of the pages will be a 'Useful Links' page and there are some 30 links that are needed. My aim is to show just the organizations name e.g. 'Age Concern' and on Mouseover to show Age Concerns address, telephone No. and e-mail address for each of the 30 or so links. Is it possible to do this using the Pop Up Text Title bar? I've tried to insert line breaks to achieve a reasonable layout but without success.

If I can't achieve this using the Pop Up Text Title bar, would an iframe be the best option with anchors to the appropriate detail on a 'hidden' page? If so, where do I 'keep' the hidden page please? Or is there a better method?

I apologise if this should be basic knowledge but I can't seem to find a reference to a User/Resource Guide.

Thanks
    Bryn

Default Re: Line Breaks in Mouseover Text Pop Up

Either mouseover popup layers or on-click popup layers should work well.

If I understand you correctly, attached is an example of each method..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Sledger,

Thanks for your prompt reply, your examples are exactly the type of layout that I am after for the information detail.

If I use that method for approx 30 links I will have to produce 30 layers (?). I was hopeing that I could just use the Web Properties > Mouse-over > Show popup text (Title) box, with suitable line breaks or something, to achieve the layout you have shown in your examples. Is this possible or feasible please, or is it just not the right way to go?

Bryn

No - the popup text (Title) is the title attribute use in link refs for the browser.
    Hover your mouse over the Talkgraphics logo top left of this page to see what I mean.

If I use that method for approx 30 links I will have to produce 30 layers (?).
    Yes

Thanks again Sledger,

Totally clear now - I was looking for an easy way out !

Bryn

You bought Web Designer - you have the easy way right in your hands!