Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default list of instructions/recomendations to make the sites better faster load times

I have been producing a new site following some of the tips and tricks I have found on the forum to make it faster to load with great and amazing success!

It would be great to have (if its not done already) a set of instructions / recomendations to make the sites easier for faster load times...

I mean an "all in one place" article or tutorial for this subject...

Ernesto

Thumbs up Re: list of instructions/recomendations to make the sites better faster load times

Great idea! Perhaps you could lead the way by listing the tips and tricks that have helped you optimize your new site?

Default Re: list of instructions/recomendations to make the sites better faster load times

Boy,

I'm trying to find the source thread that I used as a reference... but I will try by memory:

Pixel separation 20 by 20

align to grid

Use whole pixels

will look for more info about this...

Ernesto

Default Re: list of instructions/recomendations to make the sites better faster load times

Group all 'static' objects this loads them as single graphic file.
    JimM

Jim would that really work for a page full of 'static' JPG thumbnails/vector boxes and grouped text using non-web safe fonts?
    Xara would export the entire 'graphic' as one single .png and that could be much larger (in bytes) than keeping the single .jpg thumbnails and a few .png objects.