Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newsletter with links

I use WD6 , How can I creat e mail Newsletter with links to website??

need help please

Thank you

Default Re: Newsletter with links

Yes this has been brought up many times. The short answer is that you can't.
    As far as I am aware, most email clients don't have full support for .css and absolute positioning like web browsers do.
    For example, the Xara Outsider Newsletter sent to subscribers uses <tables and absolute URLs, they also have their own news server.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsletter.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	72711

The best option for you is to create a PDF with your links.

I by myself use Xara Pro / WD to create pictures / graphics for newsletters (html-format). You can also create text as a picture (export text block as grafic).

You can then make a simple html file with a table with 1 column and 4 or more rows. Use one row as header, one as text area (or put your graphic-text there), one row for your link(s) and one for header.

So you can create your newsletter. Make all graphics with Xara an "put it together" with a simple html editor.

Tom

This isn't creating a Newsletter in Web Designer 6 though, which was the OP's question.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Steve's option of using a pdf will work great if you are only sending it out to a few subscribers. and AFAIK Web Designer doesn't have pdf export. If you are planning on sending to a large number you may want to consider a dedicated email marketing/list manager, such as Mailchimp or others. I use Mailchimp and they have a free option which is only limited in how many subscribers you can have (up to 500) and how many e-mails you can send per month(3000).

Most email marketing managers have an integrated list manager, you can automate your list, and easily design your own layout even import graphics created with Xara software. By using this kind of service you also have safe guards to keep you from running a foul of anti spamming laws. In Canada and the US at least and I would guess probably many other countries it is illegal to send out unsolicited marketing e-mails. So no you can't use web designer alone and even if you could it would not be safe with out a very good knowledge of anti spamming laws from every country you would be sending to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    AFAIK Web Designer doesn't have pdf export.
    Ug... You're correct..
    Apologies to the OP
    MailChimp sounds like a reasonable answer to me.

Thanks to all the reply
    and here is what i found out that is very easy, and I like to share with you for others to benefit as well

http://www.toddle.com/index.htm