Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: which is the best hosting company for a web designer

thanks guys!

Bigal7, just 1 question, heart internet looks good, but will my customers be able to log on with their own usernames and passwords?. I would like to use the hosting for all my customers.

thanks in advance.

Kash

Hi,
    just joined the forum today and having a general look round.

I realise OP asked for free web hosting but I thought this might be of interest. I looked at free web-hosting for my clients but never found any particularly good options. Always something I didn't like; poor speed, bad support, awkward upload tools, advertising...

Eventually I took an account with www.justhost.com. Excellent package. Unlimited space. Supports unlimited URLs. Great support assist (haven't called them but eMail response was always within 20 mins and got my problem resolved immediately).

They offer a Money Back Guarantee at any point in the contract - not just first 30 days. I think these guys are one of the few or possibly the only Host that offers this. Furthermore, they consistently are top of the Host awards (did a bit of past year checking for them..)

Since I host my own site there it is easy for me to offer a similar service for my clients that an earlier poster does. Monthly rates can be as low as $2.49 - so, why bother looking for free?.

I don't work for them. I'm just a very happy customer.

Hope this helps & good luck.

TD
    Last edited by Technoir Design; 10 June 2010 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You could always sign up for some free chocolate?

I don't eat chocolate, but I know someone who does and they say it's tastes pretty good for the price
    Hi Steve... I've been looking for some new chocolate myself, as my old chocolatier has become overpriced simultaneously with delivering increasingly disappointing results.

Your description of these folks sounded pretty sweet - so I took a look. Prices look grand. But a quick web search for reviews of this particular sweet shop suggests they may be less than stellar... Online reviews can always be manipulated, so I don't count on them - except as indicators that perhaps I should investigate more on my own before committing...

You get what you pay for. If it tastes bad, spit it out and go buy some better stuff

Thanks for the culinary advice! Planning on some taste testing later this week...
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 14 June 2010 at 04:38 AM. Reason: No need to quote preceding post in full

Quote Originally Posted by Technoir Design View Post
    Hi,
    just joined the forum today and having a general look round.

I realise OP asked for free web hosting but I thought this might be of interest. I looked at free web-hosting for my clients but never found any particularly good options. Always something I didn't like; poor speed, bad support, awkward upload tools, advertising...

Eventually I took an account with www.justhost.com. Excellent package. Unlimited space. Supports unlimited URLs. Great support assist (haven't called them but eMail response was always within 20 mins and got my problem resolved immediately).

They offer a Money Back Guarantee at any point in the contract - not just first 30 days. I think these guys are one of the few or possibly the only Host that offers this. Furthermore, they consistently are top of the Host awards (did a bit of past year checking for them..)

Since I host my own site there it is easy for me to offer a similar service for my clients that an earlier poster does. Monthly rates can be as low as $2.49 - so, why bother looking for free?.

I don't work for them. I'm just a very happy customer.

Hope this helps & good luck.

TD
    Always read the fine print. Unlimited is impossible. Here's a snip of their TOS:

In all cases, the Services are intended for normal use only, and any activity that results in excessive usage that is inconsistent with normal usage patterns is strictly prohibited. JustHost reserves the right to suspend, discontinue or delete the accounts of Users whose use of disk space, bandwidth or other resources results in or presents the risk of degradation of service to other customers, regardless of the amount of disk space, bandwidth or other resources included in the User's plan.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

I would like to let my opinion here.

I use Site5 for around 2 years, and it is a great company. Fantastic resources, as the MultiSite, which runs as a reseller account and allows the user to create/host unlimited accounts in their main account, each one of them with their own and totally separate FTP, e-mail addresses, Cpanel, etc.

It is not "addon domains", it is a totally unique feature developed by Site5. Take a look:

http://wiki.site5.com/Multisite

And, the Site5's technical support is great. You open a ticket and in around 2-3 minutes (sometimes less than it) someone answers you. And when the resolution don't comes in this first contact, they updates you constantly.

Site5 is fantastic.

I have used Godaddy for 10+ years. No problems and their tech support is their 24/7 they always answer within 2-4 minutes.

I tried godaddy and wasted my money I am not surprised there is a site called http://nodaddy.com/
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !

My company uses http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/ and we offer a years free hosting to all new customers. You just have to go through a few sites and see what company you get a feel for, ask them questions, make sure they are good to work with.