Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default which is the best hosting company for a web designer

Hi Guys!

I was wondering which is the best company for me to host my customer's websites on, I wanted to offer free hosting with my website design. I would want the customer to be able to log on and make and changes like up dating some files so a control panel with log in details just for them would be needed.

Thanks in advance.

Kash

Default Re: which is the best hosting company for a web designer

My preference is http://www.hostmonster.com. Been with them for over 8 years with no problems and no downtime. All of my clients us this provider.

You could always sign up for some free chocolate?

I don't eat chocolate, but I know someone who does and they say it's tastes pretty good for the price

mmm seems nice, hope there are no nuts in it
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !

Im a big fan of www.FirstGreenShoot.com - been with them for a while, im not overly tech savey so their support is nice!

I first tried http://www.limedomains.com/ as a free hosting service in February. Soon after started my paid subscription . So far they have been excellent. Very similar to the one Sledger mentioned.

Kash

Look for a hosting company that has good speed and most importantly, good tech support. If they don't have an phone number where you can reach a live person, forget it. There are times when you really need tech support and you do want to have to wait for an e-mail response which may or may not be correct.

I had about a half dozen sites on a previous host hacked last year and the hacker inserted a lot of malware that caused Google to block the sites. My web host was local and someone with whom I had worked with for many years. But he took so long to respond to this crisis and his response was so ineffectual I just said enough is enough. Time to move on.

I switched to a large company here in the US who offered 24-hour phone support. I called a few times just to gage the quality of their support and it was very good. Plus the tech support was in the US and had not been "off shored". This is really important.

I have a setup which allows me to host 50 sites. I charge my clients a better fee than they could get if they signed up for their own hosting, even with a cheap ISP. So I make up the money it costs me for the account and my clients still get a good deal.

Thumbs up Re: which is the best hosting company for a web designer

Hi,
    If you're in the UK or Europe I'd recommend Heart Internet-REALLY great service, have had most of my problems solved in ten mins, & NO expensive phone calls like my last provider-LOADS of add ons-though some are a bit dated & basic, SIMPLE control panel that's very user friendly!

Just my 2 bits, check it out!

Big AL7.

Gary

Can you name that company ?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I charge my clients a better fee than they could get if they signed up for their own hosting, even with a cheap ISP.
    The OP wanted to offer free hosting with his web design service.

I guess he could build the fee into his web design costings and pretend it's free hosting