Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WD6 issue with publishing

Seems to work fine here. It might be a browser cache issue. Try pressing CTRL+f5 to get your browser to download a fresh version

WD6 Re: WD6 issue with publishing

Thanks for the replies,

Yes I am uploading to the correct server - I have checked with the my friend who manages the server for me and he said the FTP names etc are all correct. I hope this is what you are referring to

I found an error on the webpage now please refer to attached. The buttons are now all out of proportion from the last trial at publishing and uploading...

Is this because I deleted the "pagefile" name completely and tried to upload? That's the only change I made....

Should I try deleting all my files again? Maybe I should try uploading from another computer and D/load WD6 on it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error on web page.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	72784  

I just went to that url in your screenshot and it looks different here, see screenshot attached. It looks to me like your browser is showing you cached images. Try refreshing the page in your browser with CTRL + F5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	72785  

Thank You!!! Okay that's a relief I was begining to think I had totally ruined it!

Ok now it updated since I deleted the "pagefile" name. As that is the last solution I tried.

When I enter a "pagefile" name the website won't update.

Is this a common error?

It's not an error at all. There is no error.
    If you change the page file name (eg: this.htm to that.htm) and change the relative links (so they now point to that.htm where necessary), save then publish - it will update.
    Your browsers cache (files already downloaded from last viewing by your browser) may serve older pages/graphic for a while - but refreshing will generally fix this.