Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Untitled Stereogram

I've been playing around with stereograms again! I couldn't think up a good title, but I am pleased with how this one came out. This one was done with XXp5 and Easy Stereogram Builder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spheres stereogram.jpg 
Views:	3046 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	72598  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Cool Re: Untitled Stereogram

Your stereogram skills are quickly improving, Frances. I don't know what it is either, but I like it. Nice depth, interesting shapes and a cool background texture make for an exciting visual trip. I still think you need to fool around with the floating shapes and make them work for you more.

You might want to try this WebXealot Floating Object Stereogram Tutorial of Gary's a try to see what I'm talking about and to explore the possibilities. Gary's recent Traffic Signs - Stereographic Image makes extensive use of this technique.

Keep up the good work,
    Harry
    Last edited by HayTay; 28 May 2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added second paragraph with links.

Default Re: Untitled Stereogram

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I've been playing around with stereograms again! I couldn't think up a good title, but I am pleased with how this one came out. This one was done with XXp5 and Easy Stereogram Builder
    Hello,
    Holding it in our hands, what is the right distance at which a stereogram can be "read" or "watched" or...whatever to reveal the secret behind it ?
    And the looking in the eyes must transcend the image? We should look with a crossing eyes? We must focalize the view in a point in front/behind the image?
    In the end....What's the SECRET??
    ...if it's not a huge secret, of course.

Hi Antonium,

Stereograms can be created for viewing "cross eyed" or "parallel eyed".

Frances' image appears to be for viewing cross eyed (which I have a difficulty viewing).

Gary Priester creates stereograms that are for viewing parallel eyed which I can see very easily.

To view one of Gary's stereograms you may want to try a technique that has been used by several members that previously could not view stereograms.

Begin by putting your face very close to your monitor (some actually have their nose touch the screen).

Focus your eyes as if you were looking through the screen to the wall behind the monitor (hopefully your monitor is a few feet from the wall )

Slowly move away from the monitor while maintaining focus on the wall behind the monitor. You may need to move several feet from your monitor before the stereogram's image becomes visible.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Welcome to TalkGraphics Antonium

The secret is not so much the distance as it is the focus. Normally we focus on the page or screen when viewing text or images. But for stereograms your eyes are actually focused behind the image. A technique that works well for many people is to get as close to the image as possible. Let your eyes blur which they will at this distance. Now either move your head back very slowly or move the image away from you very slowly. Try not to let your eyes focus on the image. Keep them relaxed and unfocused. As the image comes into your normal focal length, you should start to perceive some depth. Repeat this many times until you either see the hidden image or just give up. Not everyone can see stereograms and it is not a contest.

There is some more information about how stereograms work here.

I see a ball in the middle of a thin doughnut... correct?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I think you've got most of it, beretgascon. More like a ball in a ball with a recessed wall behind it. Well done, Frances. I see it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    I see a ball in the middle of a thin doughnut... correct?
    Thank you all for your suggestions but I see.....nothing. (no matter what view method I try)

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

If colour blinded people cannot view stereograms (link above) than I'll quit imediately without even trying anything else.

Hi Antonium,

Color Blindness should not effect the ability to view stereograms.

The attached images are examples of how people with the most common forms of color blindness would see the image.

I can view the stereogram in all three images as well as the original, although with some difficulty as it is created for viewing cross eyed. I can best see stereograms created for viewing parallel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	protanopia-stereogram.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	78442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deuteranopia-stereogram.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	78443  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tritanopia-stereogram.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	78444  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Antonium View Post
    Thank you all for your suggestions but I see.....nothing. (no matter what view method I try)
    I know! IT'S ALL LIES! HORRIBLE DISGUSTING LIES that I have wasted tooooooooooooooooo many hours of my life on! I started hated Gary for this... He's a horrible disgusting man. Horrible... I'm sitting there like an idiot for 45 minutes with my nose up to the monitor, and my wife walks by, "Cool 3D Rings"... 'W-w-w-what's wrong with you OTHER people?'

Antonium, I'm blind as a bat, dude. I also have a really wild imagination... If your eyesight is okay, you should be able to see this WITCHCRAFT!

Oh, if you are new to the forums... I don't really hate Gary Priester... Yes, he is the most annoying 3D WITCH I have come across, but he's a really cool dude - for an old geezer... Nah, Gary is good, there is stuff in there... (I trust him on this). It's either optics... Or some of us have really wild imaginations = I often see skinny gnome copulating BUT not in 3D though... :-(