Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First site Web Designer 6

Hello, Web Designer 6, what an incredible piece of software!! I have never built a website before and know absolutely nothing about html and coding, but my boss asked me to build a website for him and I thought I'd give Xara a go. Great fun, can't stop tweaking!! All graphics have been produced within the program. Obviously still a work in progress but would welcome any constructive criticism.
    Thanks
    Andy

http://www.calnetravel.co.uk

Default Re: First site Web Designer 6

Nice job - some suggestions

Pay attention to your colour pallette - The pages are mostly co-ordinated with the red and yellow, but the green buttons don't fit at all - try and keep a basic pallete and think about changing the green to match (the red and yellow could benefit from being toned down a bit perhaps).

You are using a LOT of space for your header graphic and menus, meaning that the actual content of your pages is pushed right down. I would try and reduce the header area size so it doesn't push so far down the page. The banner doesn't have to be so tall to be effective.

Accentuate the positive. The booking instructions seem to be more about telling me what I shouldn't do rather than why I should book and be ready for a great experience

Paul.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You did a great job! As well as what Paul says about the colours, another thing is the bus. It is pointing out of the page and it takes the viewers attention in that direction. I would either move it to the left side of the header or it could be flipped but then you would have to do a little bit of photo editing because the logo's on the bus would become reversed. By having the bus point inward it will direct the viewers attention to your content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

WD6 Re: First site Web Designer 6

Hi, Many thanks for the great advice guys, have implemented some of the changes you suggested, a definite improvement! Have also downloaded and used the WD6 tweakset, very useful.
    Andy

Very splendid site. Well done.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Much improved Andy! It looks great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Impressive website, It's hard to believe it was 'your first' Well done!

Hi AndyS,

Wonderful website!

Do you developed it entirely from scratch, and only using Webdesigner 6?

WD6 Re: First site Web Designer 6

Hi, Thank you. Yes I started with one of the included templates, then completely changed it as I learnt how to use the program, and yes, everything was created from within Web Designer 6.
    Andy

http://www.calnetravel.co.uk

Fantastic, Andy.

I purchased Web Designer 6 yesterday, and am starting to play with it. Hope I get to develop a great website like yours soon. Congrats!