Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alilister Guest

Thumbs up Re: 96dpi and 120 dpi zooming Windows 7?!!!

Hi

I am so excited. I found the solution to this in a Xara tutorial about making a new site from an existing one. All you have to do, when the images come in at the "wrong" resolution (ie scaled up) is click on the photo tool and press the "Scale to 100%". Image displays as it should - at 96dpi and you can control your design without having to constantly preview it.

What a life saver.

Default Re: 96dpi and 120 dpi zooming Windows 7?!!!

Glad you have it sorted.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Allister, what Xara product are you using and where exactly is the "Scale to 100%" option when the Photo Tool is selected. I'm using XXP5 and don't seem to have a "Scale to 100%" option, or I'm overlooking it. I do see a Zoom 1:1 button, though.

???,
    Harry

Web Designer 6 Harry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale-photo.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	72603

Thanks, Steve, I'll quit looking now and wait for XXP6.

alilister Guest

Hi

I know what you mean. I immediately searched for it in XX5Pro and couldn't find it. If it isn't there, then that explains it. Although it might be there and I just haven't discovered it. The button in XWD6 does something different from the 1:1 in Xtreme. The former appears to restore a graphic to its native resolution. The latter zooms in so you can work with detail. Have I got this right? LOL!

I don't mind. I use WD6 for webs and XX for graphics. As weird as it sounds I like to do different stuff in different programs, (I have all the industry leviathans, but much prefer to live with the pretty software) so I normally design in Xara and others and bring in the graphics from outside. I know. Weird. It's hard to change. I still miss DOS!

It's taken me long enough to accept that my phone is now, mainly, a computer. I like a product to do exactly what it should and no more. Many software designers do not know when to stop.

Anyway, the great news is that a problem that absorbed me for days is now solved. Still, it made me learn something, including a few home truths about Windows 7, which is never a waste.

Best wishes to all.

Ali