Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 web designer 6 text question

here is my question, i have the mouseoff layer with three small pics and a text box with some text. and i have also made three popup layers that correspond too the three small pics, so when you click on the picture a popup of the enlarged image is shown above the text box, i used the "popup:" command to pop up the pic popup layers. i want the text box to disappear when the popup layer is picked. i tried placing the text box in its own layer and placed the command "popup:close"text", open "popup1{lock)(fade)", and in the close button on the the layer i placed the command "popup:close "popup1(lock)(fade)", open "text", but when i run test the text is missing until i press the close button. is there a way that i can close a text box at the same time as i open a popup layer in the same location without have to re-size the picture to hide the text?

Default Re: web designer 6 text question

Are you looking for this effect ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

WD6 Re: web designer 6 text question

actually i want the text to disappear rather than have the picture cover the text up. And when i click on the close button on the locked popup, the popup disappears and the text reappears, i was able to get the text to reappear but when it first loads, the text is missing until the close button on the locked popup it clicked.

You can use a rectangle (same colour as the background) on the popup layer to cover the text.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks Drwyd, but my pages have semi transparent layers where the text and photos go. it there any way to get the text to disappear when a picture is picked. have placed text on its own layer and made it pop up when you close the the locked pop up the problem is that it's not showing the text box when the web site initially loads. how can i fix that problem, can it be fixed

It sounds like a javascript solution is the only way then. have you looked at the tweaks produced by Covoxer ? they may be of some use.

Locking popups

1. On the pop up layer, add unique name to any non-text object.

2. Insert following string to the URL field of the object that will close the pop up:

javascript:my_close('mypopup1')

Repleace 'mypopup1' with the name you have given to the object on the popup layer that you want
    to be closed by this link.

Combine any number of my_close('mypopup1') and my_open('mypopup1') functions to open and close multiple layers with one click.
    For example:

javascript:my_close('mypopup1');my_close('mypopup2 ');my_open('mypopup3');my_open('mypopup4');

Just a note that for Web Designer 6 you should not use the WD5 locking popups method.

Please review section 10 here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=45105

Section 11 describes some added functions.

sledger, i did read that page and i tried to use those commands, however when i place the text on its own layer and run a test the text doesn't automatically appear. i set a button to close text popup layer and open the popup pic layer. and they i used a the button from the lock up popup layer to open text layer once the popup pic layer is closed, and that works fine...just need to know why my text popup layer doesnt show when you first enter that page, what am i doing wrong? can you help sladger?