Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site Search

Default Re: Site Search

You're spot on, I'm going to go back to google & try & change it there!

Thanks again!

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Good to know. Let me know how it turns out.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

You can use a magnifying glass image in place of the default form submit/search button.
    Create your magnifying glass image and copy it to the index_htm_files folder.

Then change this:

<input type="submit" name="sa" value="Search" />

to this:

<input type="image" src="index_htm_files/search.png" name="sa" alt="Search button" style="position:relative;top:3px;"/>

Adjusting the positioning is done via the style attribute in red.

Remember that the default form buttons are rendered by the browser, so will appear differently in each. You can control this via .css, but using a graphic will work well.

Have been trying for hours but with no luck! It just shows part of the image from google, I have to get it quite large & that's too big to fit in with my page style-but yes, this site has a smallish one-can't quite figure it out?

Also, at the bottom of my page in my site pages-I've written

Privacy Policy Terms of Use Contact

In Serif webplus x4 it lets me just highlight the text then I click hyperlink & I have a load of options-can't seem to find one on this software-ie I'd like the first 2 to point to the relative site pages & contact to my email address-have tried to make a rectangle & copy text on top & then use link to email in page properties but nothing seems to happen!

I'mjust trying to get this template page all set up otherwise if I add things later I'll probably have to go over EVERY text/button & hyperlink-hence better to do it now & just copy!

Any help would be great!!! Thank god for beer!!!

PS, this programme has crashed on me 4 times today-I've got a clean install of W7 64bit, 8mb ddr2ram, quad core intel & nvidia 1 gb graphics card-all with driver updates from last week! It seems to happen when I scroll between pages too quickly-any thoughts? Yes, don't scroll so quickly!!!Haha

Have run virus checkers & all clean!

Thanks! Bigal7
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hahahaha-oh my buddha_8mb ram???? This is not my old commodore pet!!! Sorry , had to laugh my head off on that one! 8GB!! Apologies!

Have worked out text linking finally, no worries!

Right, with a day of research & google not working-couldn't get any documentation from them-though based in morocco & for some reason google either works or it doesn't given the day! Here's the code I came up with & it seems to work:

<div id="cse" style="width: 100%;">Loading</div>
    <script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    google.load('search', '1', {language : 'en'});
    google.setOnLoadCallback(function() {
    var customSearchControl = new google.search.CustomSearchControl('018432661666129 310593:36bhqevbin0');
    customSearchControl.setResultSetSize(google.search .Search.FILTERED_CSE_RESULTSET);
    customSearchControl.draw('cse');
    }, true);
    </script>
    <link rel="stylesheet"
    <!-- google CSE search box Begins -->
    <form action="http://" id="searchbox_numbersandletters">
    <input type="hidden" name="cx" value="numbersandletters" />
    <input type="hidden" name="cof" value="#" />
    <input type="text" name="q" size="25" />
    <input type="submit" name="sa" value="search" />
    </form>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="#"></script>
    css" type="text/css" />
    <!-- google CSE search box Begins -->
    <form action="http://" id="searchbox_numbersandletters">
    <input type="hidden" name="cx" value="numbersandletters" />
    <input type="hidden" name="cof" value="FORID:11" />
    <input type="text" name="q" size="25" />
    <input type="submit" name="sa" value="search" />
    </form>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/coop/cse/brand?form=searchbox_numbers%3Ats0ntmrlbj8&lang="> </script>
    <!-- google CSE search box Ends -->

Hope this can help other people out!

Regards Big Al7.

Default Search bar in this website!

Hi again, could you please check out this website:

http://nixonfoundation.org/

I'm trying to get a site search bar just like the one on this site-any ideas would be great, thanks!

Threads merged.
    Please restrict the same discussion to one thread thanks

Web Designer or Xtreme have no facility to create a site search form and retrun the results to a Web Designer page.
    However, as has already been shown, you can add a google custom search and use a custom button graphic.

Anything propriety would require that you find a web programmer to write a script for you.

Sorry mate, new at this! So I need to make my own button & then copy it over the google button & then just link it, does that sound right?

I'll give it a go & keep you updated with results! Thanks again!