Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: wine glass

Default wine glass

I am looking for some instructions on how to create a "as close as possible photo-realistic" wine glass. I have found a few online for photoshop I may try but I am looking for Xara instructions specifically if any exist.

Thanks for any help anyone can share.

Duane

Default Re: wine glass

hello,
    How are you, here it is a link to take some ideas.
    Best regards

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ght=wine+glass
    Javier

There are a few on the web, for Illustrator that you could use but mostly for PhotoShop. Many years ago Egg produced a great guest tutorial and it is probably more than Egg wishes to count and it can be found at the Xone: http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest17/index.htm
    I found this one a great starting point when I was drawing at that time a perfume bottle. Also you have wine glasses to help you in your clip art both on your disc or that you can download from the dialogue in your Designs Gallery.
    Design is thinking made visual.

The January 1997 XaraXone tutorial shows how to create a photo-realistic wine glass. http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/jan97/010197.htm

The tutorial was written for an older version (Xara 1.5) but you can still follow the steps in the latest versions of Xtreme.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

This image was originally done around 1995 for one of my first Xara Xone tutorials. I revised the file in 2002.

I don't see it listed in any of the later tutorials so it appears lost to posterity.

That said, it might be fun to do a new tutorial using the new tools. Though I suspect I would probably use all the old tools anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aci.sized.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	72542  

By the way, Gary Priester has a book (published years ago) for CorelDRAW which has a great tutorial on creating a glass of wine.

GEEZ Gary, 2 minutes apart in posting.

John - I just sent you a PM

Actually you are correct, the first tutorial for the wine glass was done in Corel, but it was so much easier to do in Xara, way back then.

wow, these are great! I reverse engineered the wine glass that jvila provided and that was very helpful. Actually came up with a nice glass but I will not post it since it is really not made from scratch but more of a modification. I will review the other tutorials and come up with one on my own next.

I must say that making the "perfect" glass is rather fun...OK I know that sounds weird, but I could see making a whole host of glass images just for the fun of it.

Has anyone thought of creating a challenge for the perfect glass of wine..or libation of choice? Could be fun.

Duane

I must confess, I prefer the real to the virtual.

Thumbs up Re: wine glass

Second that!

Peter