Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to Link to Popup Window

I'm fairly new to WebDesigner 6 and so far I like it. One piece of functionality I need help with is how to create a button link that allows for viewing the linked web page in a popup window. I've read as many previous posts as I could find, but I can't seem to make it work.

I created a placeholder with the following JavaScript code to create the window:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    function popUp(URL) {
    day = new Date();
    id = day.getTime();
    eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0,men ubar=0,resizable=1,,width=540,height=540,left = 242,top = 114');");
    }
    </script>

Then, in the button's Web Properties dialog, I entered the following to the Link to Web or Email address field:

javascript:PopUp('http://content.newbenefits.com/Feed.aspx?hash=z9fYoTE0Wg2cNJf3WaEKEw')

It throws an error and in the address bar of my browser, the following appears:

javascript:PopUp(%27http://content.newbenefits.com/Feed.aspx?hash=z9fYoTE0Wg2cNJf3WaEKEw%27)

...which is obviously not the result I am after.

I'm sure this is a simple matter of not knowing what to enter in the Link to Web field so it parses the code correctly. Can someone help me on this?

Thank you,

SPF

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: How to Link to Popup Window

Hi SPF,

Try this link out. There is a mini tutorial for how to create an iframe in Xara.

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_3.htm

That should get you started.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

You can also link multiple web pages to open in that same iframe. You simply need to call your ifram when you create the link. Note that the iframe won't be listed in the drop down list. You just need to type it in.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	72522  
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Can you show us your .web file?
    John.