Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Archiving & Pages in Web Designer 6

This IT/graphics novice could use your help with two questions (I’m really a content person). I’m using Designer 6 to setup a site: http://www.the247newsroom.com . The site is up and I ‘m far along. The site is dynamic where content is changed daily, if not hourly. So here are my questions, what’s the best way to setup an archive system in Designer6, so users can access earlier content. My second question is, is there a way to organize the pages, so it doesn’t grow out of control and a mess of pages? Your help is appreciated.
    Petner (Tom)

Default Re: Archiving & Pages in Designer 6

Hi Tom, Welcome to TG Forums.

Just a note, I have moved your thread to the correct forum for your question.
    Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme

The Talkgraphic's Xara Technical Support forum is a place for users of Xara Software to ask for assistance relating to problems experienced with Xara software such as installation issues, crashing, error messages etc.

If the content is dynamic it would normally be the job of the dynamic software to archive old content and create links to it etc. and not WD6. Depending on the dynamic software you're using you might only need one page in WD6 that would then handle an infinate number of dynamic pages. Something like wordpress should handle this well including page organisation for news stuff but I'm not sure how easy it is to integrate into a WD6 website.

Good idea...thanks.