Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Some critique please :)

I am in the process of building this site, it is by no means completed. I would love some input please. The form works but will not be sent anywhere, and you can order pies, but you're not getting them, lmbo. Just trying it all out for now. (Made in Xara Xtreme Pro 5 just in case anyone is interested)
    http://piesbystacie.com/index.htm

Default Re: Some critique please :)

The pink/magenta layout is kind of 'boingy' on the eyes and monotonous. All of the hearts and decorations make me think of St. Valentine's Day, weddings and/or cakes, definitely NOT pies. Click-able links and objects are difficult to discern from the monotone like color scheme. I almost missed the 'E-N-T-E-R' link on the home page and only noticed it a split second before I was going to close the tab in my browser.

On another note, everything appears to display properly in Firefox v3.6.4. I also like the heart shaped cake/cupcake with the cherry on top even though it does nothing to remind me of a pie .

I'm sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but, you did ask for 'some input'.

IHTH,
    Harry
    (if not just ignore me, I'll move on to something else)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I am in agreement with what Hay Tay says. The buttons are hard to read and easy to miss. Perhaps if you included some photos, product shots of the different kinds of pies and how about a shot of Stacie holding a pie?

When I think of pies flaky pastry comes to mind, perhaps you could add a textured background that would remind people of pastry. If you want to sell pies you need to make your customers hungry for pies.

One more thought: The allergy warning should stand out more. This little bit of information is important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I would also like to add that the site appears to be gender specific.

Both sexes enjoy a good pie

And that is why I love you guys/gals Honest opinions. Now to convince the person the site is for, lol. Pictures will be added to the site as well. This is still in the very first stages of making. This is a new business for this person and
    they really want to make it a hit. And the pies, wow the pies, they are soooooo good and delicious and everything the tag line says, "Sweet. Smooth. Satisfaction." She is going to go to the local restaurants and such to pedal her pies, so locally I really think they are going to do wonderful. So thanks for the honesty and I will def get cracking on some changes.

I wish somebody would pedal pies like these to my door! I'd just like to mention that, although I've nothing against pink, this is too much pink ... for me. It's a bit eye-strainingly pink. More pink than I need. A surfeit of pink. You get the drift Perhaps that will be different when you have images and stuff. Good luck with the project
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64