Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing theme colours

Hi.

I am using the new WD6, which is really fantastic! Xara have obviously listened to the feedback and now have a brilliant product which answers all the issued I had.

Anyway, I have a problem - most likely finger trouble! I want to change the colour scheme of a website. I understand that I should be able to simply drag another colour scheme for the relevant template from the Designs Gallery onto the page, and the colours will be updated.

But when I do that, nothing happens! The colours do not change. What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Rick
    Last edited by rickasaurus; 22 May 2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Default Re: Changing theme colours

Hi Rick,

Is your current site a Web Designer template site?
    If it isn't, then you're in trouble unless you named colours when you built it.

If you did use a WD template site, then all you need to do is open the Colour Editor, select the theme colour to change (from the dropdown) and drag the sliders. The colours update in real time.

Give it a go

Hi Steve, thanks for your quick reply.

I think there must be something wrong with my .web file. I am using a WD6 template (Butterfly), but the colours will not change. I have tried dragging the different colour theme of the same template, and just now tried the method you described. But nothing happens!

I tried with a new file of the same template, and no problem - the colours change when I drag in a different colour theme.

Any ideas how to fix it, and perhaps more importantly, what may have caused it? Otherwise, I will have to start again with a new file. Fortunately, at this stage there are only 2 pages, so not really a big deal.

regards
    Rick

Sorry - not a clue, the Butterfly them colours change perfectly in WD6 for me using the method described.

I have started again with a new file, and it works perfectly now. I must have corrupted the previous file somehow.

Rick