Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Thinking of rebuilding my website in WD 6

Hi guys, I'm a Xara graphic designer and I was thinking of rebuilding my website on my own, And I was wondering if webdesigner 6 could mimic these websites. If so I'll dig in and rebuild this mountian of blood,sweat,and tears again. Its really difficult to currently make changes to these websites. http://www.nextlevelairbrush.com

http://www.wallpapercreations.com

I'm not advertising I barely get any business whatsoever just new to Web Designer 6 and wanting to build a cooler website.
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Default Re: Thinking of rebuilding my website in WD 6

I looked over most of the 2 sites and I don't see anything that WD6 couldn't do, some of it even better. The hardest part would be making the initial navigation buttons and rollovers, etc. Once the basic design/theme is done it's just a matter of duplicating pages and changing content. Hardest part for me is having the right content to put on the pages, and you already have that material. Good luck!

Jim

Thanks Jim,
    Your opinion will push me forward. I'll start learning Web Designer, and I'm sure that 4 years of Xara experience is really going to help.
    I'm really Jazzed about how much better the websites are going to look. They are going to be a lot different than what they are now "graphically speaking". Thx
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

No problem. Someone experienced with WD6 could probably duplicate what you have now in a couple of days. Without experience there is a learning curve but once you understand the software it becomes easy.

Jim

Edit: I've attached a screenshot of your site and showing what could be done in 15 minutes with WD6. Once you have the content it's easy to put it all together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture077.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	72402  
    Last edited by jimhanus; 21 May 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Have a look at Ima Guest's Tutorial for recreating an existing Web Page in Web Designer

Beautiful airbrush work! I wish I had that talent so that I could customize my bicycle frame to be more like my personality.

I think that WD6 could trick out your web sites to better match your talent. WD6 allows for the most freedom when it comes to designing a web site and you could make your new designs rock.