Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: H1, H2 Tags, Css

Maybe you'll wait for the OP to say something? So far my post was the ONLY constructive answer to OP.
    You know where you should post your wishes, propositions and complains to Xara, right?

Continue this way and you'll be accused in thread hijacking, off-topic, flooding, duplicating threads, trolling, provocation of the heated debate, violation of human rights and all the deadly sins.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think everyone has an interest in SEO whether you are running some hobby club or making a friends and family site. I think the comment about the suitability of XWD in relationship to H tags and SEO is valid, but then the same could be said of integration with CMS systems and using iFrames, etc to get around limitations in the product. I don't think H tags and SEO is any less or more relevant to XWD than any of the other HTML related topics.
    Paul the subject of CMS isn't relative to WD5/6. The program is not designed to support it. You may have noticed I post very little in the forums about Web Designer. This is because most of the posts are not relative to the program and how to use it. Most posts are how to make the program do things it is not designed to do.

You may see this as a contradiction to many of my posts about Xtreme, but it is not. When I answer a question about Xtreme with what someone may consider a work around, it is not. It is how to do the job within Xtreme's abilities. People see it as a work around because it isn't how they would do it in another program. They limit themselves to a box of another program.

Many of the questions asked about Web Designer are not within it's abilities. Sure there are things that can be done using additional placeholders and javascript, php, etc. But I am not here to teach people those additional tools nor HTML, XHTML, CSS, etc. The program is for people to create simple websites, people that do not know those tools. By attempting to teach them those tool, I am undermining the original purpose of Web Designer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    But I am not here to teach people those additional tools nor HTML, XHTML, CSS, etc. The program is for people to create simple websites, people that do not know those tools. By attempting to teach them those tool, I am undermining the original purpose of Web Designer.
    And thank you for all your kind efforts, Bill. However, I'm very happy that there are also those who are willing to go beyond the apparent limits of the program and come up with creative solutions/work-arounds/approaches to meet specific needs or wishes.

It breathes extra life into this community, the current version of the program, and the development of new versions of the program. In my view everyone wins. So, I want to also thank again all those who participate in these more elaborate efforts (like covoxer, sledger etc. etc.). I learned a lot here that allows me and others to get more out of XWD/Xtreme than originally foreseen and go beyond the creation of just a simple site.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Maybe you'll wait for the OP to say something? So far my post was the ONLY constructive answer to OP.
    You know where you should post your wishes, propositions and complains to Xara, right?
    I don't have any complaints about XWD, or Xara. I think it's constructive not to dismiss the OPs request as irrelevant.

Continue this way and you'll be accused in thread hijacking, off-topic, flooding, duplicating threads, trolling, provocation of the heated debate, violation of human rights and all the deadly sins.
    Only if I don't agree with the ruling clique.

I think I'm done now, you can have the last word.

Come on guys, the OP was asking for an answer, not a bucket load of rehashed opinions.

If he wants to trust GoDaddy's SEO recomendations, let him try and see if it works out for him right ?

JohnnyB, you can use a line of text as a placeholder for a header tag as shown in my file.
    There is a slight WYSIWYG offset anomaly here, but nothing that can't be overcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 20 May 2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: can't spill for nots

I think it's constructive not to dismiss the OPs request as irrelevant.
    So have you helped him in any way? Have you suggested anything OP can do? Anything useful at all?
    John.

Johnny B.

About the only way that you can incorporate Hx tags in a XWD design will be to use a placeholder that incorporates the tags themselves but takes them out of the WYSIWYG text layout that makes XWD such a clever product and you will need to be comfortable working with some raw html.

This would only be a workaround and would require some care to make it work. I'm sorry there isn't a more helpful suggestion for using Hx tags, but your options are limited.

It really is debatable how relevant Hx tags are to SEO and really speaking what drives people to sites is often external references to the site and sheer word of mouth. That said, I think you are entirely right to try and use Hx tags, but don't lose sleep if you decide it's not that important.

It's a touchy subject!

Paul

About the only way that you can incorporate Hx tags in a XWD design will be to use a placeholder that incorporates the tags themselves but takes them out of the WYSIWYG text layout that makes XWD such a clever product and you will need to be comfortable working with some raw html.
    Post#15

Smile Re: H1, H2 Tags, Css

Hey Folks...

Thanks so much for rehashing old queries, it gives me an idea of what I'm dealing with in these forums. From what I can see, there are a lot of people with a good amount of patience and interest in helping others.

I chose Designer specfically because of its ease of use and flexibility. not having certain "advanced" options as adding the Tags or CSS is far outweighed by the WYSIWYG Interface...particularly for a novice. It made me feel like I actually new what I was doing...quite a feat for any Program.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the answers You all posted.

Thanks again Folks

Johnny B