Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Build website best practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    To have your new template colours applied to an additional page you bring into your design, you must make changes to the Template Colors. By applying a new colour without editing the named colour your new page will not know how to use your changes.
    Soquili; that's what I did, and I get this (See attached)

@Giordano Bruno Yep, that's what I'm looking for... a work flow strategy. This Wizard like stuff is nice for quick and dirty things, but can be frustrating at times. I know how I would do it, if doing manually, I just need to know the way it want's it done.
    I had a similar problem a while back when learning how to do CAD work for a CNC machine I built. I knew AutoCAD really well, but the plug-in I was working with used Sketchup Files to create the G-code. It was either learn Sketchup or spend >$1K on software to generate the G-code. Once I learned the workflow, it because as automatic to draw in Sketchup as AutoCAD.

@jimhanus Good tip and about the Ctl-Right Click. I'll play with that more as I'm sure there other goodies in there using that.
    An I'm good on the button spacing; by design I like a little separation; makes it look less cluttered IMO.

THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MultiThemeColors.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	72502  

This Wizard like stuff is nice for quick and dirty things, but can be frustrating at times. I know how I would do it, if doing manually, I just need to know the way it want's it done.
    Yeah, exactly. I've put a lot of hours into the program since I wrote that post and I am already forgetting some of the things that gave me problems earlier... I should be writing this stuff down...

One thing I haven't forgotten is the fact that I started over from scratch because I had screwed everything up with repeating objects. I didn't realize till too late that I was creating copies of things every time I clicked it, by the time I figured out it was easier just to start over- clean slate. Now I'm paying attention and only using it when I really mean it.

I really like the software and I think I know why people forget how to explain it to noobs: it's because once you figure out the way it wants it done, as you put it, it turns out to be so intuitive that you go, "duh", and move on. It sort on takes the wind out.

analogkid,
    Sorry, I thought you had asked HOW to change the button spacing.

Jim