Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: img2img-hider

Default img2img-hider

Hello all,
    I have been writing a test software to "hide" images inside other images. I have been searching for people who might give me some feedback. I hope you could give me some. Last night, i recorded a video of some of the tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJBYvOj-PNI

What do you think? Is this good for anything?

Tuomo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cut2.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	72328  

Default Re: img2img-hider

Nice work I think that this may have great potential....
    JimM

Great concept! I like it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks. I'm glad to hear someone else than me also thinks its cool I'm not sure how i'm going to improve it. First of all, .. i would need more background graphics,.. Do you have any ideas where i could get high-resolution good-quality images? Or suggestions of what kind of images i should try it next?

Tuomo

Welcome to the TG Forums,

Interesting concept for a stand-alone application and not to rain on your parade or discourage you I must ask 'why'?

It there anything that you are doing that isn't possible in almost all image editors anyway?

EG: This (very basic) hide was done in Xara Xtreme5 in just a couple minutes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hidden-image.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	72388

But good luck and feel free to post more examples

Thank you...

Well, i'm currently waiting for my new job to begin so i had nothing "official" to do... I must have a project that i'm working with or i loose my mind I guess i have no better reason.

First of all:
    I have no graphic-skills myself so i couldn't do those kind of images with pure photo-editor. I need a software to do it.

Second:
    The original concept was just to seek the optimal position (=position/orientation that looks as much as possible like this image i'm seeking with).. The automated blitting came later when i got bored doing that by hands with Gimp after using the software just to get the position.

Maybe in some cases this could be useful for experienced graphic-guys as well. At least i hope so For example, if you have VERY large / complex background with several good possibilities... At least i've noticed that software returns places sometimes i didn't even think about.

Thanks for your replies everyone...

Tuomo

Welcome to the TG Forums,

Interesting concept for a stand-alone application and not to rain on your parade or discourage you I must ask 'why'?

It there anything that you are doing that isn't possible in almost all image editors anyway?

EG: This (very basic) hide was done in Xara Xtreme5 in just a couple minutes.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 21 May 2010 at 08:05 AM.

Here you can see some full-scale stuff..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tuomoti/