Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text preview poor and small

Hi all

I am new to the forum but i have been trying Xara for quite some time now, i have a question pertaining text.
    I used / modified a template to create a website, during editing the text looks okay but when previewing, the text looks all jagged and small. I have also previewed the pages on IE and looks the same, any idea where i might be going wrong?

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Klamsi

Default Re: Text preview poor and small

Welcome to TalkGraphics

What font are you using and what is the size?

Fonts displayed on the screen are anti-aliased (smoothed) to give the impression of sharpness. The attached image shows text at 5, 6, and 12pt. First with anti-aliasing and then without smoothing (anti-aliasing).

As you can see from the small non-smoothed type, there are not enough pixels at screen resolution to render the text without smoothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for your response, i am using Arial and the size is 12, during preview the text looks a lot smaller than during the editing. I have tried different fonts and most look similar during preview. Not sure if this has anything to do with my IE version (7)?
    Again, thanks

Klamsi

Hi Klamsi,

Please attach a sample .web file that exhibits the problem so we can try to identify the cause.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Klamsi View Post
    the size is 12, during preview the text looks a lot smaller than during the editing.
    Are you editing at 100% view? The default view zoom is 64%, so because the Preview will show 100% browser view your edit view will look smaller.

Also, which OS are you using? If Windows XP:
    Do you have ClearType enabled in the 'Appearance and Themes' settings, and have you installed the ClearType Tuner for even better font rendering?

These should help