Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question jQuery Slide Show Question

Greetings Everyone!

I have a little problem with a Javascript slide show. The first one I created, works fine in IE and FF but the fade in effect does not work in FF
    but does in IE and can be viewed HERE.

-----------------------------------------------------

I like working with that script as my navigation is at the top, and displays correctly as it should, even in Dreamweaver while working on the page, I have no problems.

Due to the fact that the fade in effect does not work in FireFox, I found some other code to use and you can view that slide show HERE

The problem with this code is as follows:

When I work in Dreamweaver, all the images, which are rather large in height at 350 pixels, are all displayed one under each other on the page in Dreamweaver.

You can see what I mean, by looking at the attached image named: 01_incorrect

In the attached image named: 02_correct, you will see the original code and the images are all layered on on top of each other. Which is what I would like.

You can view the sample of the original code and slide show HERE

NOW - - - on that link above, on that sample page is a link to the blog where he tells us how to stack the images one on top of another, but for the life of me, I cannot get it correct.

I am not a coder, I work more with graphics.

THE OTHER PROBLEM is that I have had to move my NAVIGATION to underneath the slide show as my drop down menu if at the top, the sub-menu items are hidden behind the slideshow.

I preferred the navigation at the top of the slideshow, but then I just added a black stripe on the page header of THE NEW slideshow to sort of fix the problem and make the page look more appealing(HERE)

I am attaching the code of the pages as well in text files, they are named as follows:

Code For Page Showing All Images Below One Another (what I do not want - and this only happens in it's raw state in Dreamweaver)

as well as a text file for the original code on the sample page, named:
    Code Used On Sample Slide show Example Page

Is there anyone that has any ideas, MY MAIN PROBLEM is:

1) I cannot work with 15 images one below the other in Dreamweaver
    2) Can someone help me to get them stacked one on top of another in DW?
    3) Is it possible to get the navigation buttons on top of the slideshow? (if not it is not a train smash)

Thanks for your time and for reading and looking at my pain in the but problem. :-) I spent an entire night last night trying to get it to work correctly and I am still no further then when I started.
    I have been Googling for other slide shows but then I would have to start from scratch again and it is getting a bit frustrating now.

Any help would BE MOST APPRECIATED!!

Thank you so much!!

Regards

Barry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_incorrect.gif 
Views:	182 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	72240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_correct.gif 
Views:	176 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	72241  

Attached Files Attached Files
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato