Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot view cdr thumbnails

Using X4 and I could see cdr files as thumbnails in explorer or preview them in Draw before opening them. I tried a copy of X5 for a few days then deleted it.
    Now when I use explorer to try to view thumbnails I just see the Corel icon.
    I have unticked the box always show icons instead of thumbnails in explorer tools.
    Cdr files are the only type I cannot see as thumbnails
    IP

Default Re: Cannot view cdr thumbnails

Sorry, no answer to your question, but I'm curious how you had X4 to show thumbnails? An old set of CorelDraw 9 (!) clipart shows up as proper thumbnails, but ever since installing X4, I have to use the PDF "book" to view X4's clipart. Right now it's just a WordPerfect X4 icon (despite the fact I've several times made CDX4 the default program!).

I guess that's really what you just asked, so guess I'm wondering the same question.
    IP

Found solution here http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/19935.aspx?PageIndex=2 thanks to TREX

1. Go to your Control Panel then PROGRAMS AND FEATURES (ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS)

2. Select CorelDraw X4 (or whatever version you have) and click

3. Select Modify from Corel's uninstall options window

4. Scroll down to UTILITIES you should notice your "windows shell extension' box un-ticked, go ahead and tick it . Then run thru the rest of the process until it's done. That's it!
    IP

Glad to hear you got yours going! I just tried the same method, but discovered Shell Extension was already ticked and installed (also had it's own program under Add or Remove Programs). I tried several ways-- uninstalling, reinstalling, but no go so far. I'll have to keep looking for something different (perhaps reinstalling CDX4? but that's for down the road).
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Cannot view cdr thumbnails

thank you very much
    IP

1. Try adobe bridge. Simple and good.
    (or)
    2. verify thumbnail option is checked and installed while coreldraw installation under utility option

Hope this work.
    Last edited by texdesigner.raj; 14 May 2011 at 05:01 AM.
    IP

Try to change default oppening program for .cdr. I had the x4 and recently i installed x5. My thumbnail didn't work untill i changed default program for x5. (Sry for my bad English).
    IP