Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: HTML 5 and CSS 3

WOW Add OB, you must be a genius if you can tell what each one of those .xr lines in that generated Xara CSS file represents. But as someone who touts knowing Dreamweaver, I'm surprised that you yourself wouldn't want to have control over your generated CSS file as that is a plus to using a program like Dreamweaver to design web sites (that and fluid layouts.) Or maybe you don't really know anything about CSS and your just looking for a place to vent.

And yes, the way that WD6 and WB7 generate web sites is exactly the same... fixed positioning. I'm trying to make the point that they are both great, but different in the way that they allow the end user control over the CSS and Javascript files of the final site design. Anyone who knows anything about web design knows that having these files separate is practically a must have for professional design work. CSS is powerful in and of itself and having control over each named design element is important when things need to be changed easily and quickly. ID=

To see the power of WB7 and some of those user created extensions take a look at this: http://jayro.biz/bikinicarwax/jor_an...startpage.html

It was my understanding the the Dear Xara forums are not intended for lengthy debates or heated discussions but rather to report a possible bug or suggest a single feature.

Sorry Steve. I will refrain from any more of this craziness.

Hey, Pusher! You do not read my posts do you. Read again and you'll find that I do want to have my code and I would love to have WD and DW combined. But unlike you I do know that there are things that can't be brought to reality by fairy tales. So feel free to dream on!

And no, I have no problems understanding those lines in CSS. They are just classes assigned to fragments of text. If you wonder what fragments, just take a look into HTM - they are all in there. It's straightforward to edit if you want. But I doubt you would still want it if you would try and see the result.

And no, web builder makes absolutely different HTM than designer! But then again - how can you know it if you can't understand basic CSS? Just stop making any far going conclusions if you don't understand what you are talking about. Unless you want to make a fool of your self of course.